Chapter 14: My performamce

"That girl has a very striking look." Whispered queen Mirabelle into her husband's ear as she saw the dark-haired girl walk onto the arena.

"Brother, she is the one I told you about." Kristopher said to his brother.

Geoffrey nodded his head, wondering if her abilities were really all they were made out to be. The youngest prince, Alfonse, noticed his brothers increased concentration as the pretty dark-haired girl walked on. Alfonse had always been a very bright intuitive child, many of the skills he learned, he picked from watching his two elder brothers. So, he focused on the dark-haired girl.

<——————-<<<

"Let the games begin!" Called the announcer. I saw my opponent suck in a deep breath, using in his whole body and arching his back, back. Then using his powers, he projected forwards at me: the earth around his feet broke away from the soil on the ground and came hurtling at me at a great speed. The audience clapped at the display of power.

I knew I could easily counter this with some Dark magic, but remembering Cornelius's words from yesterday, he said I should save the dark magic for last. So instead I visualized a water shield in front of me that could absorb the flying rocks. The crowd clapped at my smooth counter.

Cornelius has also said that I should come up with impactful titles for my different spells because it would help the audience understand what was going on and help them get more engaged.

I visualized the water hardening and then forming bullets, "A thousand water arrows!" I chanted, not actually needing to chant, just to give the audience an idea of what I was doing and I replaced the word 'bullet' with 'arrows' since they didn't have bullets or guns in this world. All around me a thousand water droplets rose from the ground and transformed into the shape of bullets. Which then flew at lightning speed towards Dimitri.

Dimitri seemed a bit startled by my water bullets and used a wind shield to try and block them, however a few of the bullets pierced the shield and hit him. I grimaced as I saw some of his blood splatter on the ground. I didn't want to hurt him, I just wanted to put on a good show for The Marcellus's.

Dimitri staggered back, clasping his arm, where the injury was. But he was tough he hadn't given up yet.

"Rock giant!" He rasped out.

Huge boulders drew up from the ground and assembled into a transformer-like giant man made from rocks. The rock beast gave a giant roar, and the audience around me screamed and clapped excitedly around me.

Cornelius caught my attention by waving at me. He was mouthing the word 'bigger!' To me, which meant he wanted me to use a flashier spell. I wasn't really quite sure to what level I should keep the spell, since I knew that too much power would be too shocking to the audience. Since everybody's power seemed to be so much weaker than mine, it was probably a good idea to keep as much f my power under wraps as possible. However, if Cornelius wanted bigger...

I began my fake chant, "Oh great water spirit of the darkness, come and strike!" I hoped that that sounded okay.

I visualized that huge basilisk snake-thing from the Harry Potter movie. The water around me rose and accumulated into the shape of the snake monster from the chamber of secrets in the Harry Potter story. It looked awesome, it was magnificent but scary-looking and the crowd was eating it up.

I saw Cornelius clapping gleefully. Yay I did a good job!

My basilisk gave a menacing hiss and then darted for the rock giant. Every time the rock man hit my water snake, I just reformed it, and thus my snake quickly overpowered his rocks.