Chapter 33

Simone

                       (two days later)

Rushing to get to house someone has asked me to be the interior decorator. Upon arriving I get a text from my brother Odell that he and Patrick are coming over for dinner. After replying I get out of my car and head to the front door. Making sure to take in the appearance of the grounds of the house. Ringing the doorbell I waited for the person to open the door.

I was about to ring the doorbell again when the door opens revealing an older lady who was I assume was the maid. “Hello Miss. What can I do for you?” “I have an appointment. Please forgive me I was not given a name.” “She s waiting inside. I am about to take my leave.” I nodded “Have a good day.” I say with a smile as she mirrored my smile with one of her own then left.

Walking in I stood in the living room when I heard heels clicking turned toward the sound and became sick to my stomach when I saw Maddison.

Turning toward the door prepared to leave when I heard her talk. The sound of her voice which once brought comfort and happiness was not replaced with making my skin crawl.

“Please wait. This was the only way I could talk with you.” I froze in my steps. Not able to turn and face I remained paralyzed were in was.  “I need you to understand my part in all of this.” I swung around. “Your part. You orchestrate all of this. And my son. YOU DID THIS TO MY SON” I yelled. “My son.” “I didn’t do anything to your son.” “You told his father I had an abortion.” “I thought you did.” “Bullshit. I always told you I was keeping my baby. Who was your goal to hurt me or Gavin.”

“I married Gavin because William asked me to.” She said nonchalantly. Her words became like a shot of novocaine. “What did you just say.” “your dad asked me to. Of course whatever daddy as- I mean William ask I will do.” “A friend who is a snake and had a father who is a pedophilia. I guess I need to thank William at least my son was away from him. My son is more of a man than him” “Mone, don’t you mean our son.” I look at her quizzically. She held her hand up flashing her wedding ring in my face.

“Gavin and I are married. His son is well my stepson. Like your daddy is also my daddy in other ways” She winked. “I gue-“ I punched in the face. She stumbled back. Stay the fuck away from my son.”  I picked up a lamp and threw it in the direction of her head but she moved. “I believe I’m going to go and fuck my husband so good and hopefully Jonah will hav-“ I punched her again. She spits blood out on the floor. 

“Are you mad because Gavin made love to me even after he knew everything. I mean after I told him you had an abortion and moved on and he saw you learned the truth he still made love to me. He still lived with me. He still chose me over you and that boy.” I stood in place looking at her ‘til I slapped her across the face. “Keep Gavin.” “I plan to. All of this is going to blow over soon.” “I could care less.” “Sure you especially when I’m the one who stopped Jonah from having a father and his father is still choosing me.” I picked up the other vase throwing it at her as it hit here on top of her head.  

My mind raced as I tried to drive back to my job, but I couldn’t drive anymore as my tears clouded my vision. I pulled over and screamed. After calling my boss I asked if I could take the remainder of the off.

Sitting in my house I just try to pull myself together much as possible. My phone pinged I looked at the text I got from Jonah

Jonah: Momma s is okay if I go out with the team for Chad b.d.

I replied back that’s fine just come home in time for him to do his homework. A while later I heard a knock on my door. Instantly facepalming myself I forgot my brothers are coming over for dinner. Opening the door. I see both of them.

“Hey yall. I forgot about dinner. Can yall go grab some take out.” I asked as my phone pinged. I walked over and it was a message from Gwen asking if she could come over. “This Gwen yall want to all have dinner here tonight?” “Yeah” Odell rushed out quickly. “We will go get food and be back soon” He also said as they left.

Hearing a knock on the door I open it to see Gwen smiling with a bottle of wine and some flowers. Trying to hide my emotions she looked at me strangely. “Simone, what’s wrong?” I couldn’t even answer my pain just slide down my face. “Sometimes you just have to let the tears fall she said as she hugged me tightly.  

Comment:

Vote:

Share: