Chapter 75

Jonah

{Friday after school}

Walking out the double doors to go outside to leave school for a little bit before returning for the game. I hear a familiar voice call my name. "Jonah." I turned n the direction of the voice to see Gwen. I jogged over to her. "Hey, how was school." "It was school" She chuckled. "Gavin use to say the same." "Your mom is meeting the guy tonight. Apparently, he is coming to the game then they have a real date tomorrow." "Are you sure about this." "No, but we really didn't have much of a choice. Neither of them gave us much us a choice."

"But what Jonah" "This could backfire on us." "Was my dad here? Did yall hear his car" I turn to look at Steve who just walked up? "Steve what are you talking about?" I questioned. "you said backfire I thought you heard my dad car." We both looked at Steve with confusion on our face. "What, his car sounds like a damn bomb going. One night he was leaving out and he cranking the car up I swear I thought it that Kim Jong-un had bombed us. I was in my closet holding on my Winnie the Pooh bear for dear life." I tried to speak but was unable to.

"Well okay then. Steve this is Gwen. Gwen this is my friend Steve." They extended their hands to each other. "Since Jonah fails to mention to you that we are brothers I guess it's up to me to tell you. He's not big on disclosure." He looked at me shaking his head. "What would Momma P say," He said putting his hand on his hip.

"Wait are yall dating. I haven't seen you here before. I think maybe at some games." "I was here supporting my brother and my nephew." "Jonah, you dating a teammates aunt." A smile graced his face. He jumped up in the yelling "That's what I'm talking about." Gwen laughed at Steve. "Tell I do you have a sister. Jonah, not the only one who is into have an older woman." I just drop my head and shake it as Gwen spoke.

"Gavin, your coach, is my brother which would Jonah my nephew." All the color drained from Steve's face. "Jonah why didn't you tell me our dad had a sister. I was going to try and date her if you didn't cause technically you never said anything." "Dad" Gwen asked inquisitively. "Well, coach doesn't like me to call him that because other players get jealous cause me and Jonah - nope I'm not telling you all this. You might be working for the enemy." "Steve what are you talking." "You know how the coach is about me calling him" he nodded his head, "You know" I couldn't help but laugh at Steve.

"I'm going to get in the car and pray Momma P done cooked for me." I looked at Steve. "I mean us." Gwen laughed. "Steve before you go, if Gavin is your dad looks like I'm our aunt also." She said then hugged him. "I'll see you tonight," she said Steve smile then went to walk towards his car as a girl came up to him. I turned back to Gwen.

"This might not work and it's a lot of things that can go wrong but what if it works." "I guess we will find out this tonight and tomorrow won't we." She nodded. "We will. Jonah what about you. All kids if their parents have broken up they want their parents together. Where do you stand in all of this? Do you want your parents together?" I was paralyzed. "Just think about it." She said then left. As I went to Steve's car.

[Game]

After scoring a touchdown taking some water I watch Gavin as he kept looking at the stands. Following his eyes, I saw his eyes target my mom and her date. He was paying attention to the game but he was more preoccupied with my mom and who she was with. After a tough game, we won getting us one step closer to the championship. Going into the field house I notice Gavin isn't inside. I looked outside and saw him heading towards my mom and her date. "Our dad bout to kick his ass," Steve said.

Simone

"Your son is a phenomenal player. I am very impressed." Boddy said. "I think so too. Since he is OUR son" Gavin said angrily and with venom dripping with each word. "What do you think you're doing?" Gavin gently pulled me away from Bobby "The question is what are you doing." "Getting to know my date for tomorrow." I saw flashes of hurt and anger in Gavin's eyes. "Are you serious." I walked back over to Bobby. "Very," I said with a smile. He walked behind me whispering in my ear. "Fine, two can play sweetheart." He said then walked away. His words left my heart aching. Getting home I strip my clothes taking a much-needed shower. Crawling into bed as Gavin's words bounce around in my head like a ping pong ball until darkness takes over.

{Next day}