Chapter 56

Jonah

Sitting on the couch across from Allen I try to mentally prepare myself for what he is going to tell me. The bits and pieces are not giving me any indication on how bad all of this was. More questions and worry cloud my mind as anger begins to seep into veins.

“Jonah” Allen says waving his hands back in forth in front of me. “Sorry I was deep in thought.” “Apparently. I was asking do you want anything to drink before all I tell you all of this.” “Yes, please. Do you have some water?” He got up going to the kitchen. Sitting here looking around when a picture caught my eye. Getting up going towards it picking it up. Staring at it they look like the best for friends. “Some of the others are here too. Would you like to see them.” “How long were yall friends?” I asked walking back to the seat with the picture still in hand.

“I would like to say it ended some months back, but it would be a lie. Our friendship ended in high school, only Gavin didn’t know it. I did too much shit to him and Simone. Jonah look me in my eyes when I tell you this.” Locking eyes with him he spoke. “Gavin isn’t the monster or bad man you think he is. You know what happened with the other baby but after Simone left months later he tried to find her well find yall.” “What,” I said in a confused shaky tone.

“Gavin was told you were dead and it destroyed him. Months after Simone had left and he was in college Maddison told Gavin that Simone had an abortion he tried to fill that void he tried. His grades started slipping in school because he was parting fucking whores so I stayed behind doing his work and mine. Even though to him I was still his best friend at that point alcohol was his best friend then.”

“Why do you keep saying the friendship ended in high school if yall were friends in college and you did his work” “Gavin was unaware of what I had done to him and Simone and I knew our friendship had an expiration date on it.  When it was done and I learned she was pregnant everything changed. What I am going to say it horrific but it’s the truth. You ready.” I nodded my head. He took a drink of water then begin.

“Your mom was a bet I watched Gavin take her virginity and when they slept together the second time. Neither of them knew. Maddison and I recorded paid people to watch it and Maddison and Maddison alone sold it amateur porn. We went further in college, yes, he was devastated and even Gavin doesn’t know this we would put pills in his drinks in college just to have him fuck other girls and do it live online. I would give him some stuff to drink to clean his system.” I held up my hand. “Gong back to high school why would you hut my mom in such a way. Did she do something to you?”

Shaking his head in a no motion. “I didn’t even know her. Back in school, I use to make bets on who can or will sleep with who other people would make those bets. Maddison came to me asking if I would take on this bet I said no at first but she said I could watch” “Why would you agree to that. Are you gay or bi to want to see you ‘best friend’ having sex you wanted to see his dick that bad.”  “Nothing like that. If she was good enough I was going to try with her next.” I tried to speak but words would not form or come out of my mouth

“I saw the way Gavin and Simone looked at each other and I knew I couldn’t come between that.” “You didn’t have too because I did.” “No, you didn’t. The night he slept with her the first time I never saw Gavin in that type of trance.” “Did he love my mom.” “It could have fallen in love with her” “If it wasn’t for me.” “No, if it wasn’t for me you would have the family you deeply want.”

“I don’t want a family. I have my mom.” I watch him as he laughs. “You a good liar but you forget I’m way better, I invented lying with a poker face to make any and everybody believe what I’m saying. Now whether or not you want your parents together or apart they are still your family. Tell me this when you were younger many times did you cry and wish for a family.” My face contoured in a way that I tried to disguise. “Its wrote all over your face. You know it's funny you and Gavin are so much alike yet its no meeting of the minds.”

“I’m nothing like him.” “When you talk to him you will realize that on your own. I’m not meaning football. Time is a selfish bitch. You have lost what 15 or 16 years with your family how much more time is you going to let it take.”

“Like I was saying back in college I knew he was hurting and I knew the damage I have done when he was talking to this one girl he kept calling her Simone. I took him to his bed and he just kept calling out for Simone said he was sorry was saying kill yall baby and that he wanted the little girl or boy. I sat on the floor just listening to him all night. Next day I stopped all my shit and was the best friend I could be somehow Maddison got Gavin to Marry her and she knew Simone never had an abortion.”

“Why didn’t you come clean and tell him back then?” “Maddison said Simone had moved on and moved again and he had no clue where she went to. Gavin had tried and I knew I would have luck either so I let it go. I will tell you this the way Gavin looked at Simone he never looked at Maddison or any other woman the way he looked at Simone.”

“You sad William was involved.” I know some not a lot.” “What do you know?” “He gave Maddison the money to pay me, brought the video equipment, and I want to say it was both of them to make Simone leave. When Maddison and I found out Simone was pregnant, she asked me if I would date Simone and raise you which I agree but I walked up to her in school I saw the hurt and pain in her eyes and I couldn’t add to it anymore.

“Can you answer some more questions? “  “Of course I’ll answer what I can,” Why were you so quick to say you would raise me and date my mom” He took a deep breath. “Your grandfather said he would pay me and we would move out of the state, get us a house.” “Was the plan to hurt him or my mom.” “Truthfully, both I believe.”

“Why did they want to hurt us in this manner” “Looks like you do want your family after all.” He says.

Comment:

Vote:

Share: