Chapter 92

Simone

Arriving at the reception venue as the announcer was calling out the wedding party I looked at Gavin, my husband. “I like my new last name.” I looked up at Gavin smiling. “Good because your last name isn’t changing anymore.” He said kissing me.  as we pulled away we heard the announcer “For the first time ever please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Gavin Langford.” As we walked in hearing the cheers, applause, and yells filled the room. “Now we will have the couples first dance.” While we were standing in the middle of the dance floor Bruno Mars took the stage. Gavin just smiled at me.

“When my all time favorite football star request me to sing at his wedding I could not say no,” he said. “I’m not sure why they chose this song but I will sing t for them. I also want to say I wish you two blessings and a lifetime of happiness.” As the lights dim the music begin to play and he begins to sing “Talking to the moon.”

“This song” “It’s our song. For so long we used this song to convey our feelings for each other without being near each other. From the first time I heard this song, I would always talk to you through the sky. I know I’m wrong for thinking and saying this I hope the moon and stars heard my pleas and brought my family back to me.” “Gavin” “Even then I wanted you, Simone.” “I love you Gavin,” I said as I kissed him. When Bruno Mars finished the song he spoke “I’ll be back with more songs along with special guests. “I’ll be back sweetheart,” Gavin said as I went to sit down next to where Jonah and Steve are and I heard them conversating.

“I hope Bruno got Cardi B in the back. I’ll fuck her ‘til the color comes off her tattoos. I me-“ “You're going to do what Steve.” “Paint with all the colors of the wind.” I looked at Steve with confusion as Jonah tried to contain his laughter. “Momma P this food good. Not as good as yours, but it's good” He said as he put two bites of food in his mouth. Taken my seat at the table a waitress brought me a drink and asked me what I wanted to eat. Gavin came and sat down next to me. “Where did you run off too?” “I had to handle some business.” He said with a wink.

                         Jonah

Steve asked momma to dance with him while everybody looked on. “Do you like momma’s dress.” Gavin looked at me “You picked it out.” “Sounds weird when you say it like that. The day momma went to pick out her dress she forgot something at home asked me to bring it to her. When Steve and I got them she was coming out in a dress she looked beautiful and the dress was beautiful also; but, it wasn’t momma.