Chapter 32

It is never easy to contemplate the end of life, whether it's our own experience or that of a loved one. Seeing your loved ones leaving their soul is one of the most heart breaking thing and it's more heart breaking when you have already been through that situation and suddenly you feel maudlin because you remember the situation where you once had lost the most precious person of your life.

In that moment Saif couldn't help but remember his mom who had also left him alone. He was now on the verge of loosing the person he couldn't imagine his life without. He felt that Allah was testing him every time. Every time he loved someone, either they were harmed or were snatched away from him. He did not wanted to go back to being the person he was before but every time he was tested he just loathed it.

Saif caught hold on Safa's arm firmly while his tears fell on her face. She was unconscious so she was almost flying in the air. The blood had stopped flowing from her head while her face now looked pale. Saif pulled Safa with all the energy left within him. He could feel that Safa slipping from his hold but he wouldn't leave her. He could feel his arm hurting due to the pressure but he could care less of that. In that moment all he could care was about his life, his wife. His Safa.

When Aliya had pushed Safa, she had lost her conscious and for a second Saif had blanked out while Safa fell from his arms, but the moment his instinct kicked in, he had turned around and caught hold of Safa's arm preventing her from falling down.

Everyone were in a state of shock. The moment they realised what has happened, they ran towards Saif while Safa's father took Safa's one hand and pulled her up.

"ALIYA, WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?" Her mom yelled at her, slapping her continuously, while tears continued flowing from her eyes, looking at her daughter who had almost taken a life, while Aliya stood there gawking at Saif hugging Safa.

"YOU ALMOST KILLED SAFA." Her father said and walked towards her slapping her hard while she remained unaffected.

Saif took Safa in his embrace and ran down not waiting for the ambulance that was taking a decade.

He made Safa lay on the back seat while Farheen sat with her. He drove recklessly not thinking of anything except his wife.

He reached the hospital within minutes, and carried her in his arms in bridal style and ran inside.

"Emergency." He said one word while everyone looked at Saif in horror. The person who was known for his arrogant and dominating personality around the city, was running with tears flowing his eyes.

"Sir, here." The nurse said bringing the stretcher while he slowly made her lay down on it.

"Where is the doctor?" He asked looking around when he saw a man running towards them.

"What happened?" He asked while Saif found it difficult to talk.

"Head injury." Farheen said looking at Safa while crying.

"Okay, take her to the emergency room. She has lost a lot of blood" The doctor said and Saif intertwined their hands while caressing her cheek.

"Nothing will happen to you. You'll be alright." He whispered and it was like he was telling the thing to himself rather Safa. It was he was trying to console himself.

"Sir, you aren't allowed." The nurse said pushing him, with fear in her eyes because she knew if he wants he can do anything, but he wasn't in any state to argue and he left Safa's hand looking helpless.

The entire time he was walking in front of the room, just taking pause to look inside. He did not realise when everyone came while all he could think was of his wife who was fighting with her life. The door opened and a nurse came out while he looked at her in hope.