6: Pinky Promise

"Harry hurry up! I need to shower!" I bang on the bathroom door.

Because of the plumbing system at the lake house, all of the bathrooms in the house stopped working when the power went out. For some reason, when it came back on, only the one in the hallway and in Aunt Liz and Uncles Dave's room still worked. I banged again, rushing him. 

The door opened and Harry stood there in a towel. I flinched and turned away. "Move. I need to get in there. And put some clothes on." 

"What if I don't want to?" he asks with a smirk. I roll my eyes. 

"Then I'll cut your balls off in your sleep. Move." 

He rolls his eyes and pushes past me. What a douche. I got in and showered. It was cold thanks to Harry, who used up all the hot water. Apparently, Meg used her parents shower and everyone else showered the night before. Smart lads. 

I change into a pair of jeans and a flowy grey tank top. I slide on my boots and head out back to the barn. I bolted through the trail with a purpose. I need to think. When I reach a good spot, I sit down on a rock and tie Sterling to a tree near a stream so he could drink. I pull out my phone and see I have a text from Meg. 

Meg: ‘where did u go?’

I ignore it and assumed that if she thought hard enough she would figure it out. She's smart, and she knows me. I pull up Ryan's contact and press call. I wait for it to ring. 

"Hey, kid. What's up?" 

"A lot. How's Italy? Met a new girl yet?" I tease. Every time he visits a new place he manages to pick up a new girlfriend. They only get left behind once he travels again. Some think it's heartless. I just think he's looking for the right person and hasn't found her yet. 

"Actually yes. Her name is Bella. She's beautiful, and Italy is amazing. I really love it here, but enough about me. What's wrong?" he asks, his voice full of worry. I sigh. 

"Hard to pinpoint. Every time I get back at Harry, he returns it. I don't know what to do. How do I end this without surrendering? I just don't want it to turn into a war and end up hating him for it."