25: Big Brother

"Meg..." 

"Natalie..." 

"Who could that be?" Uncle Dave asks, clueless. 

But I knew exactly who it was. 

"RYAN," we scream together, running to the door.

Whenever Ryan was either locked out or needed someone to answer the door for him, he would ring the bell over and over and over again. It was like his signature thing and the only way we could tell if it was him or not. 

I swing open the door and see him smiling down at me and Meg. We jump on him like little kids who have just seen their parents come home.

"I thought you were in like, Paris," I say, the smile not leaving my face as I move so he can walk inside.

"I was," he confirms, dropping his giant duffel bag by the steps. 

"Then why are you here?" Meg asks. 

"Gee, thanks sis," he says jokingly. She rolls her eyes. 

"You know what I mean." By now the boys have crowded into the living room with us. 

"I'll explain things later. Right now, I'm here. So let the party begin," he says, smirking. I roll my eyes, slapping his arm and hugging him again. 

"Guys, this is Ryan, my brother," Meg introduces. "Harry of course knows him. Ry, this is Niall, Liam, Louis, and Zayn." He smiles at them and nods in recognition. He and Harry do one of those weird guy-hugs that looks more like some kind of handshake. 

"How long are you here for?" I ask curiously. 

"I considered going back to France after being here for a bit, but there's this trip to Africa I've been wanting to take for a while now. The flight is always available for me to take because of frequent flyer points and all that, so really I could go anytime. I think in a few weeks I'll try it out, but until then I'm staying." He smiles. A thought crossed my mind. What about Maria, his French girlfriend?