14: Tomato Face

The next morning when I woke up I could hear laughing from down the steps. Familiar laughing. Hm.

I wander downstairs in my short pajama shorts and my low cut tank top which was crooked from my sleep, exposing a bit of my bra. It's summer, I like to dress cool instead of warm when it's hot at night. Besides, it's not like there's anyone in this house (besides maybe Harry) that would care. My hair was also looking like a rats nest. Whatever.

My eyes bulged from my head when I saw Luke sitting on my couch with his arm up on the back comfortably. Meg was next to him and Aunt Liz and Uncle Dave were across from them. I cough, making my presence known.

"Natalie! Good morning darling," Aunt Liz says cheerily. Luke looked me up and down, smirking. It reminded me of Harry. I scowl at him and pull my shirt up, covering my cleavage.

"Morning. What's Luke doing here?" I ask with not a hint of friendliness in my voice, turning to Meg. She didn't seem to be looking at me. Instead she was playing with the hem of her shirt.

"Oh, well his parents were out at the market this morning so Megan said it was okay if he could hang out with her, you, and the boys today." She smiles. I stare at Meg, my mouth gaping open.

"Okay...excuse me please." I slid on my flip flops which were sitting by the door and ran. I ran down the steps of the porch before I felt a hand on my wrist.

"Let me explain," Meg begged me.

"Don't," I snap, pulling my arm away. "Just don't even bother."

Outside it was damp. Gray clouds filled the sky and blocked the sun, but I didn't care. I sprinted towards the woods. I didn't even stop or slow down the entire way. I ran out of breath about half a mile into the forest and stopped. I sat on the ground by a tree and cried. Why the hell am I crying? Oh, right. My best friend practically just slapped me in the face. Thanks, Meg. So much for being 'sisters'.

I heard a rustling in the trees and looked up. "Hello?" I call out. It was probably just an animal.

"So don't be mad..." I whip around and see Harry standing there. "But I kind of followed you."