24: Sweet Dreams

***Natalie’s Point of View***

"So, wait......you and Harry.......are faking a relationship?" Ryan asks over the phone. I could hear the confusion in his voice. I laugh softly.

"Yes. Meg had the same reaction."

"I still don't get it..."

I roll my eyes. "Because Luke's an ass and thinks he can make me jealous. So I turned it around on him."

"You're not jealous, are you?"

"Hell no. But he is. I think. I'm actually not sure. He's only seen me and Harry as a couple once. I'm not sure if he's believing anything."

"Wow."

"I know, right? Just when I thought things couldn't get more complicated..."

"I didn't even think you two would become friends let alone a pretend couple. That's insane."

"You have no idea. So what's going on in France? Did you ever call that waitress?" I ask curiously, dipping my toes into the water. I was sitting on the dock by the lake, enjoying the evening view of the sun setting.

"Actually, yes! She speaks English too, unlike most people in this country. She's helping me with my French," he states proudly. "It gives me an excuse to talk to her."

"Doesn't learning new languages come with travelling the world?" I ask sarcastically.

"Well, kind of."

"Just don't forget English. That would suck."

"Yes, it very much would." We both laugh. "But really, is everything okay over there?" he asks, suddenly sounding worried.