30: Same Mistakes

I kept staring at him, searching his face for.....something. I wasn't even sure what. "Let's go on the Ferris wheel," he says, smiling and pointing to the giant circle ahead of us. I smile and nod. I was actually really surprised that no one recognized Harry yet.

We got into one of the cages for the Ferris wheel and were soon moving upward. It was now almost 6:30 at night and the sun was beginning to set. The sky was a beautiful mix of purple, pink, and yellow. Certainly something to see.

"Do you remember earlier?" he asks suddenly. "When we were leaving the house?"

"You mean when we had to fight off the fans? Yeah."

"No, I mean like, when we were almost to the car and that girl came up to me...."

"Oh," I say. He was talking about that girl who kissed him. "Yeah. What about it?"

"You seemed really upset."

"I was not upset."

"Pissed off. Same thing."

"I was not unhappy because some girl kissed you Harry."

I’m such a liar.

"Okay, Nat." He still didn't seem to believe me.

"I'm serious!" 

 I crossed my arms and faced away from him, my cheeks burning. "It's okay, love," he whispers to me. "I would be unhappy too." 

I buried my face in the stuffed koala. "I'm not unhappy," I say, my voice muffled from the stuffed animal. "You can kiss who you want." 

He chuckles softly. A thought crosses my mind.