12: Control Freak

***Natalie’s Point of View***

We've been here for at least two hours now. I had a soda, and Luke claimed to be drinking soda too, but to me it looked like beer. Huh. He wouldn't lie, right? I'm sure he wouldn't lie.

I lost Meg after she ran off with that guy. I've seen Harry, Zayn, Niall, Louis, and Liam around. Some girls recognized them and wanted pictures and such. They weren't mobbed or anything though. Most of their fans don't know that they're at the lake house for the summer. It's been kept on a need-to-know basis. If the fans all knew then our driveway and lawn would be filled with screaming girls by now.

Right now I was standing in the bathroom staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was thinking. About Luke. Something about him is definitely different, especially tonight for some reason. But I can't put my finger on it. It's bugging the crap out of me. I'm sure I'm being stupid. I keep reminding myself that people don't change. I sigh, fixing my makeup before exiting the bathroom.

As I look around in search of a familiar face, I feel hands grab me by the waist. I giggle as Luke turns me around, smirking. I smile.

"Hey."

"Hey, babe. I'm thinking this party is getting boring," he says, glancing around. I follow his gaze.

"And I'm thinking you're right," I agree with him. He smiles that foreign smile and leans his forehead against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck, reaching up to kiss him. "We should go home soon," I say when I pull away. He doesn't answer. Instead, he kisses me again. It wasn't a soft kiss like the last one, it was rougher. More needing. More like the other day in the woods.

It brought out the new Luke again. The different, changed one. The one I didn't like as much as the old one.

Thanks to my crop-top, I felt his hands on my bare skin. His touch sent tingles through my body. Suddenly, he stops kissing me and looks around. "Come with me," he says, pulling me by the hand out of a back door. I giggle.

"Where are you taking me?"  It was quiet back here. Empty. No one was around.

He grins with a flash of something I couldn't describe shining in his eyes. He doesn't say anything as he pulls me closer and kisses me. He presses me up against the brick wall of the building. I tried to return the kiss, but I was holding back for some reason. Something was telling me to run. Why? Luke's my boyfriend. I love him. People don't change.