Chapter 8: You're Not Alone

Y/n's pov

Training day. I'm not sure where Farlan is but I know that Isabel is with another soldier on a horse. She sure does love animals. Meanwhile, it's Levi's turn to start training first. I'm waiting for my turn, standing next to Hanji which is her name I think. I'm only standing there with a fan in my hand, fanning myself from the heat. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Flagon said. God, how much his irritating voice makes me want to shut him up.

"Those blades weren't designed to be held like that. Do you want to die the moment you step outside those walls?" He said. I can't take this anymore. Who cares if he's our commanding officer. I will not tolerate his absolute doubt for Levi.

"That might just happen to you. There's no specific rule saying how to hold these blades properly now is there?" I said, getting Flagon ticked off.

"What did you just say?" Flagon said, turning to me. I rolled my eyes.

"All I have to do is slice the titan's neck, right?" Levi said, turning around to face Flagon. "I'll do it my way." Levi said, turning back around and taking off. I notice that Hanji and another soldier are amazed by Levi's skills. "Was he given formal training?" Hanji asked. "No, I don't believe so." The other soldier said.

"Good. Very good! Everything from the way we search for titans to the way we take them down is dependant upon individual methods." Hanji said, her cheeks flushed. She made a weird but loud sound that disturbed my peace.

I stared at her in utter disgust. "This is starting to get interesting!" Hanji said. I stopped facing her and faced down to the ground, gritting my teeth in annoyance. As my arms are crossed, my body started shaking from how I was about to lose it at Hanji.

Yes, I was very irritated. Levi, hurry up with your training goddamn it. We were watching Levi cut the fake titan's neck from a distance. "What's with that incredible speed?" The soldier said, monitoring the fake titan. Don't underestimate Levi, or any of us.

~Hours later~

"We won't find it no matter how many times we look. It's probably best to assume it isn't his room." Farlan said, irritated. Since we got here, we couldn't find it at all like what Farlan said. I'm not giving up though. That's not like me.

"Then where could it be?" Isabel said, still sitting on top of the box with her legs crossed. Levi and I were standing next to each other, leaning on boxes stacked on top. We both had our arms crossed, lost in our own thoughts. "What do you do with something you really want to keep safe?" Farlan said, asking Isabel.

"Inside my stomach band, of course." Isabel said, hitting her stomach.

Farlan looked at Isabel curiously. "Now, I don't know if Erwin wears a stomach band, but it's highly likely that he's carrying it with him. And so I was thinking... we could use the Expedition to our advantage."

I continued looking down at the ground while Levi's just staring at Farlan while he's speaking his mind. "Outside the walls, Erwin and the others will be concentrated on the titans. We just have to wait for an opportunity." Farlan said, having a point.

It would be pretty dangerous to do that during the Expedition though. I'm not disagreeing with Farlan's idea though. "I see. Great idea!" I guess Isabel agrees with Farlan too.

"Not a bad idea. I'm down." I said, still facing the floor.

Farlan smiled and said, "You okay with that, Levi?" We all looked at Levi waiting for his answer. I knew he was thinking about it. "Sure." He said, looking at us. He stopped leaning on the boxes and stood in front of us.