Chapter 16: Ooh, Someone's Jealous

Levi's pov

"Eren! Hurry! Decide already!" I said impatiently. The Female Titan was catching up to us and Eren couldn't make up his damn mind. "I'll go with you!" He shouted. I heard one of the comrades from behind get eliminated by the Titan. I looked over to y/n who looked as if she wanted to kill someone. 

The Female Titan's pace started to speed up, gaining on us. "Target is speeding up!" Gunther yelled. I maintained my focus ahead. So close... "Keep moving! We're going to outrun it!" I said. I heard y/n hyperventilating softly but loud enough for me to hear her. 

Suddenly, we heard the Female Titan stop out of nowhere as if something caught her. "Fire!" 

Erwin? 

Y/n turned her horse around to see what was going on. I grabbed onto her reins to continue staying on horseback. "Keep moving." I said, looking her in the eye. She didn't respond but obeyed my orders. "Hitch your horses a little further ahead, then switch to ODM. We have to leave for now. Eld's in charge of the squad." I said, looking back at them. "Hide Eren a suitable distance away from that Titan. Look after our horses! Y/n, now!" I said, using my gear to head back where Erwin was with y/n following behind. 

"It looks like she's stopped." I said to Erwin. "We can't drop out guard yet. I'm just impressed you managed to lead her to this spot." He said, staring at her. I looked at him. "The credit goes to the rear squad members who gave their lives fighting her. They bought us time. It would've been impossible otherwise." I said, thinking back at the way they gave up their life for Eren to be safe. "Is that so?" 

"Yes." I moved my eyes at the Female Titan. "Thanks to them... we get to see who's inside this one's nape. Let's just hope they're not wetting themselves inside there." I said, glancing at y/n who's eyes were wandering around her body. She seemed to be more concentrated on her face. Maybe she's trying to get the Titan's physical features memorized in case it's needed.

I took out my other blade, ready to cut this bitch up. "Wait, Levi. We need to be extra cautious. Waves 2 and 3! Fire! Use the reserves too!" Erwin shouted. I waited for Mike to be ready to cut this woman's hands up. I looked back at y/n who was still examining her. We finally jumped down, using our strength to slash her hands up. She hardened her skin, our blades couldn't penetrate through them. 

"Kch..." I said, returning back to where y/n was on the tree branch. "This bitch..." I said. I was about to confront this asshole before I felt someone grabbing my cloak. It was y/n. I looked at her surprised, not knowing why she did it.

"I'll be fine." I said. I know she's going to be worried about me. But I'll be fine. She loosened her grip and let me go. I went back to the Female Titan, landing on her head. "Hey. Just come out now, will you? We don't have time for this. Say, what do you think's gonna happen to you now? Do you really think you can get out of this situation? I wish you'd give some thought to the trouble you've caused us. You killed our men in all sorts of ways. Was it fun?" I said, sarcastically. 

"Well, I'm having fun now. I take it you're the same way." I tilted my head just slightly. "If there's anyone who knows how I feel, it's you and another person but that's not the point." Well oops. I may have exposed myself a little too much. 

"Oh, right. There's one thing I need to ask. Will you be fine if your limbs get cut off? They'll grow back, right? I'm talking about your actual body. Can't afford to have you die on us, after all..." I said, gripping harder onto my blades. She opened her mouth and let out a very loud and dreadful sound. It was as if she was in pain. 

It was blaring throughout the forest that everyone had to cover their ears. As she was done with her tantrum, I rubbed my ears from the ringing. "Damn. You startled me there." I said. I looked over to y/n, she was listening to Mike and Erwin's conversation. I heard vibrations on the ground of a giant sprinting. They're here.