Chapter 13: Headquarters

(if you guys see the name 'Lizzie' in any of the chapters, pls ignore that. i originally wrote this story as a levi x oc, but i changed my mind)

Y/n's pov

We were on horseback, heading to our old Headquarters. Auruo was rambling on to Eren about that dusty old Headquarters and shit.

"Still, to think that this oversized decoration would end up as the perfect holding place for you now..." Auruo said. Eren looked at me, then at Levi. Levi was keeping his eye on Eren. I don't blame him though.

I don't really trust the kid that much but he's alright for a rookie. "Don't get cocky, rookie." Auruo said, leaning to Eren. "Come again?!" Eren said, nervously. I should really teach him not to be nervous.

"I dunno if you're a Titan or what, but don't assume Captain Levi's gonna stick with some wet-behind-the-ears brat like..." Auruo bit onto his tongue pretty hard that blood drops went into the air.

He was groaning and holding onto his tongue the whole ride. Once we got there, Petra spoke. "Talking on a horse is a guaranteed way to bite your tongue."

"First impressions are important. I heard that rookie scared stiff." Auruo said. "Actually, I think he was shocked at how shocked at how dumb you are." Petra said.

"Whatever the case, it went exactly as I planned." Auruo said, smirking just slightly. I was with my horse, letting him lick my hand. Levi was besides me, petting his horse. "If, by some chance, you're trying to imitate Captain Levi... could you cut it out? You're nothing like him at all, actually." Petra said. If Auruo is trying to imitate Levi, he'll regret that and I'll make sure of that.

"Are you trying to nag me, Petra? If you want to act like you're my wife, there's more you need to do first..." Auruo said. I've had enough. I walked towards Eren and said, "Eren. Do me a favor." He looked at me shocked but said, "Wh- What is it?"

"Watch my horse for a while. I'll be right back." I handed him the reins of my horse and he took it from my grasp. I made my way to Petra and Auruo.

"I wish you had bitten your tongue off and died, bragging all about how many Titans you've killed." Petra said. "Hey, Auruo. If you imitate Levi one more time, I'll make sure you won't have a tongue to make use of." Auruo got startled and jumped back, moving away from me. I heard Petra gasp in fear.

"Corporal y/n! I- I apologize for speaking such substandard words..." Petra said, looking down.

"Petra, it's not your fault. However," I averted my gaze to Auruo, crossing my arms. "I- I did no such thing..." Auruo said, denying the fact that he's saying such revolting words. "Do I have to discipline you like I did to Jaeger?" His eyes went wide and shook his head vigorously. "I- I'm very sorry Corporal! I promise to not say sentences like that ever again!" He said, shaking.

I sighed then walked back to Eren who was staring at me with wide eyes. "Sheesh, you're so disgraceful!" Petra scolded Auruo. "You hungry, boy? Here." I said, pulling out an apple from a small bag.

"I may have gotten out of hand just a little..." Auruo said. "A little?! You provoked the Corporal! You're lucky Captain Levi's here, otherwise you wouldn't have your tongue in that blabbermouth of yours by now." Petra said, thinking I can't hear them. Oh, but I can.

"Boy?" Eren asked. I looked at him and he seemed frightened as always. "Mhm. I don't have a name for him since I can't come up with one. I just say boy." I said, throwing away the apple. "You're good with horses I bet." Eren smiled softly. "I had a friend that was really amazing with animals. She loved animals and even connected with them. She died." I said, rethinking about the memories with Isabel.