Chapter 9: It's Not What You Think

Y/n's pov

We're on our horses, waiting to head outside the walls. The sound of the bell ringed my ears as everyone else paid no attention to the sound. "Open the gate! Today, we take another step forward! Show me the fruits of your training! Show them the strength of humanity!" The rest of the soldiers all yelled and raised their hands in the air.

I don't know why and I don't care.

The gate opened and we were all getting ready to head out. "We will now begin the 23rd Expedition Beyond the Walls! Forward, everyone!" And with that, we all rode our horses. We were outside the walls...

Farlan, Isabel, and Levi were looking up at the sky. Can't lie though, it's bright and beautiful. "Wow!" Isabel said.

"Yeah. Not bad at all." Levi said. "What are you doing? Don't lose your focus. We're not out here just to sightsee. There's no telling when we could run into a titan." A woman said.

Well damn, how scary can a dumb titan be? "Hah! If we do see one, we'll clean it right up for you!" Isabel said.

"Idiot! You wanna be the first to die?" That same woman said. What the hell's her problem? She should just leave Isabel alone. "What's your problem?" Isabel questioned the woman.

"You're only able to talk like that because you've never seen a titan before. You have no idea just how many good soldiers have been eaten." She said.

"Not my damn problem..." I mumbled to myself.

"Titan sighted! Ahead and to our right! One 15-metre class right ahead!" A guy yelled out. We all looked ahead and saw a huge ass titan coming towards us. "That's... a titan?" Farlan said, sounding a little frightened. "Two 10-metre class titans are heading toward us from behind!" A guy yelled. "Prepare for combat!" The same guy said. I focused on keeping a steady pace instead of figuring out a strategy for getting my first kill.

A few guys used their Maneuver Gear and headed straight for the 15-metre titan. "This idiot!" Was what I said in my head. Flagon cursed out loud and used his techniques and blades to kill that huge titan. "Incredible!" Isabel said. "They're more impressive than the Military Police!" Farlan said.

I wouldn't say it's that amazing. Isabel and Farlan looked behind them and saw those two titan closing in on them. "They're here!" Isabel yelled. "Two of them!" Farlan said. "You two stay your course!" Flagon said. I saw Levi riding passed us and heading straight to those two titans. "Levi!" Farlan yelled.

"What the hell?" I said. I turned around my horse and started to chase after him. I am NOT letting him become titan bait. damn it! "Let's do this, Isabel!" Farlan yelled from behind.

"Right!" Isabel said.

"Levi!" I yelled out. He jumped off his horse and used his Maneuver Gear, flying behind one of the titans and killing them. There was a huge trail of gas that he used up. The big 10-metre titan fell down. The other 10-metre titan was heading towards Farlan and Isabel. "Fuck!" I yelled out. I rerouted my horse to go where Isabel and Farlan was and got ready to use my Maneuver Gear.

As soon as Isabel was in the air, the titan grabbed Isabel. I gritted my teeth and immediately used the Gear, leaving my horse behind. Isabel used her blade and cut the titan's fingers off. Farlan from behind, killed the titan, knocking it down on the ground. My feet hit the ground in relief. I sighed in irritation and turned back to Levi who was behind me.

"All the titans have been eliminated! Everyone, regroup!" I heard someone say. Farlan and Isabel were back on their horses as I looked around for mine. "How's that, Levi? We took down a titan all by ourselves!" Farlan said, being excited. "We did it, Bro! We did it!" Isabel said.