Chapter 19: Girls Night

Author's pov

"Are you down to do the same thing tomorrow, y/n?" Hanji asked her. "No, Hanji. She's hurt, don't you see that? Look." Levi pointed out to the red bump on y/n's forehead. Hanji rolled her eyes. "Calm down, Levi. She carried two packages of dumbbells, five freaking barbells, AND she didn't pass out! That bump is nothing to her, right?" She said, waiting for y/n to back her statement up. "I'm fine, Levi. It doesn't hurt anymore. If you want, you can come with me tomorrow." 

Levi sighed in relief. "I'll come tomorrow. I'll only be watching for your safety though..." He said, crossing his arms. Hanji smirked, watching y/n walk away. "Hey, Jean. You're staring at the Corporal. That's creepy, you know?" Connie said, trying to keep his voice down. Hanji gasped and ran to their conversation. 

"I'm not looking at her, what are you talking about?" Jean said, pissed off. "Hanji! Where are you going? Tch... this woman." Levi said, following y/n. 

"Hey! Hey, you!" Hanji yelled, catching Connie and Jean's attention.

"S- Section Commander?" Connie said. "Jean, right?! Were you looking at the Corporal?! Eh?! EH?!" Jean jumped back, frightened. 

Connie scoffed. "Now he has two crushes. Damn player. Just choose one." He rolled his eyes. Jean shoved him. "Shut up, man!" He snapped. "I saw the way you were talking to y/n earlier, though. During your break? Hmm?!" Hanji said, pointing to Jean. 

"I- I..." Jean stuttered. "Aha! I was right!" Connie said, smiling. "A little advice from me, y/n's friend. If you want to win her, you have to work hard. She likes a man who works hard on his duty."

"Really?" Connie asked. Hanji nodded. "In fact, what were you guys talking about during your break?" Hanji asked.

Flashback

All of the soldiers were done working out, sweat dripping down their whole body, panting like a tired dog. Y/n sighed, speaking to the soldiers. "Take a break. You guys deserve it, I guess." Everyone was cheering, high-fiving each other excited. 

She jumped down the stage, walking over to a table covered with a white cloth. Everyone averted their gaze to her, wondering what y/n was doing. She pulled off the cloth, revealing a water dispenser, stacks of cups next to it, and also snacks.

Everyone started to rush over to the table, grabbing snacks and drinks for themselves. She stood there, waiting for everyone else to leave so she can get her, Levi, and Hanji a cup of water. She took three cups, filling them with water halfway. 

Y/n walked back over to Levi and Hanji, offering them the cups. "Whoa... You're so kind, y/n!!! Ah, what to do!" Hanji overreacted. Levi took the cup, taking a small sip. "Thanks." 

"No problem." She responded. 

Meanwhile with Eren and his other friends, "There were actual potatoes!" Sasha exclaimed, biting into the potato, munching out loud. "Sasha, eat with your mouth closed at least!" Connie said, putting his hand over her mouth so he wouldn't see the food in her mouth. 

"Nom, nom, nom! How you like that?!" Sasha said, getting closer to Connie. Mikasa sighed. "Very childish." She said, drinking her water. "I guess the Corporal isn't as scary like how people describe her..." Jean said, looking towards her.

"Are you stupid?! She's still scary! I bet even Captain Levi is scared of her!" Armin said, trying to be quiet. Well, it wasn't quiet enough. Apparently now more soldiers got into the conversation. 

"Are you talking about Corporal y/n?" Someone said. "You said her name!!!"

"Everyone shut up! She's looking!" Someone else said, pushing people away so that they can stare at her.