Prologue

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I was numb.

I didn't know what I had to do, what I could do, what I was supposed to be doing.

I was unable to feel anything anymore.

What was I supposed to live for? How was I supposed to keep living now?

Every second felt like torture, every moment an unending misery.

And it was all my fault...

"Miss Kim?"

The call of my name interrupted my thoughts, dissolving them to the back of my head. I lifted my head up to face the Judge and he cleared his throat as soon as his eyes met mine.

"Are you capable of giving us the details?"

No.

But I had to.

I didn't know why it took me so long to give a single nod.

"Please."

I nodded again before facing down at my notebook where it took everything in me to write down what I heard through the phone call and what I witnessed at that sickening place.

I didn't need to write them down since I could remember them so clearly.

The scenes kept replaying in my head over and over again, haunting me every second, every breath I took. Reminding me of the horrible mistakes I made, tormenting me in every way.

It was all my fault.

"Miss Kim," the Judge repeated my name again when I took so long to start speaking.

"For Jungkook," I whispered to myself before taking a deep breath to calm my shivering self.

"It was 9:17, late at night when I started receiving calls from my husband, Jeon Jungkook. I was out with my college friends since we had been planning for that for months..."

My throat started constricting from remembering that night, how I argued with him and spewed harsh words with no second thoughts to the love of my life just for that night-out. I never imagined something like this would happen.

"At first, I didn't answer his calls since we had an argument before I went out... When I did answer, he tried to tell me the location he was in while he was having difficulty breathing. But then the call got cut off before I could ask him anything. I called the police and rushed to where he was but... I was too late."

My tears started streaming down my face. I thought there was no more left in me but I was wrong.

The hall was silent except for my miserable sobs and I could feel everyone's eyes on me but I couldn't stop crying uncontrollably before them.

The sight of Jungkook laying unconscious before me with his blood splayed all over the floor blurred my vision and I clutched my chest.

"There was no other person there and I didn't know who could have murdered him in that place where you all found him. He never told me that he was going there. He wasn't meeting anyone before I went out..."

There was only one answer.

"It was all organized."

The Judge eyed me sharply when I lifted my head up once again.