2.21. Promise me

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

If you love someone

You should let them go

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"How did you find us?"

I unlocked the door and let my cousin inside. He walked to the living room to settle himself on the couch.

"When I visited your home, no one was there. Kangmin and Jimin are gone, you're in a dire situation and you wouldn't go to a hotel because it's too risky."

Jungkook went to the bedroom to change while I headed to the kitchen to get some tea for Namjoon.

"How far are you willing to go?" My cousin sighed when I placed a cup in front of him.

"As far as I can, Joon... Why are you asking me this?"

He took a sip from the tea and placed it back with a grim expression. "How much do you know now?"

I looked at him warily. No, he couldn't... "Enough. I know enough."

"About Hyungsoo's parents?" He cocked an eyebrow. I hated when he did that. He would do it when he knew something I didn't.

"Jimin told me everything," I said, thinking back to the message I had received. "Mr. and Mrs. Oh committed a murder but it was covered by... my parents, and the detectives had unfortunately lost their lives in an accident... That was a planned murder as well."

"And do you know what that has to do with this case?"

A sudden realization dawned upon me. "No..."

"The detectives who were investigating that case were Jungkook's parents," Namjoon sighed, earning a gasp from me. "Your and my family hid the real murderers since they were working together, and took care of the detectives since they were 'going too far' according to them. The detectives were digging into the secret network."

"W-What?" I covered my mouth with my hand. "How do you know that?"

"I've known that for a long time now from my father. It was when I had just become friends with Jungkook. When I understood they were his parents, I told him everything because I thought he should know." He leaned forward with his elbows on his knees. "Now that I actually think, it's all coming together... Jungkook chased after you because he thought he could gain access. He visited your parents without you knowing. He has their files in his computer. All to clear his parents' names."

My breaths came out short. My stomach was twisting and knotting, and I couldn't let the words sink into my head. Jungkook... used me...?

"Do you see? Why else would Hyungsoo's parents come into the picture? And your parents saw Jungkook as a threat and took him out," Namjoon continued but I didn't want to hear it. I couldn't focus on anything. "...There's nothing I regret more than letting you two meet, Ina."