Epilogue: Dawn

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

If you stay in my life after everything

I must have been meant to be with you

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Author's POV

"Do you want to turn back time? At the cost of your own life?"

Among all the fright, all the confusion, and all the silence, there was a wishful 'yes' and the time sailed back its course.

It was him who uttered the word, but it wasn't him who the time sailed back to.

No matter how many times the young man read the torn out paper in his hands to remember when he had written such baffling words himself, he recalled nothing. It was, without a doubt, his own handwriting.

"Reach out to Ina. Trust her instead of using her. She's the same as you."

It was his writing, but it wasn't him.

"Kim Ina?" He wondered out loud.

Rather than how something he had never written came out of his pocket, it was the meaning behind the words that confused him the most.

"Trust her?"

It was months after he heard from his friend, Namjoon that her parents were involved in his parents' murder that was brushed off as an accident... Years after he learned all the truth from the files in his parents' computer even before that.

It wasn't easy to digest. How could it be? It was the worst news a child could come to know of his parents.

Ever since that day, he made a vow to avenge them even if it cost his life.

That's how the terribly young man set his eyes on the daughter of the murderers. She was the daughter of vile and depraved creatures who smiled at someone's face and stabbed them behind their backs. She was definitely vile, too, right...?

...or so he used to think.

Lately, he wasn't sure of his firm belief. A daughter of a criminal who was raised in such corrupt household was supposed to be a criminal as well. Then, why? Why was she acting so altruistic, so innocent whenever he saw her? Why was he pitying her whenever she looked guilty at the mention of her family or anything related to them?

Lately, he became conflicted about her.

Dared he say, he was beginning to be interested in her.

Still, he wouldn't deny that he was keeping an eye on her to use her to get close to her family. Even if it was dangerous, there was no one else who could help him.

Then, what was this obscure message?

At the pit of his stomach, an unpleasant feeling raged and climbed up his walls to seep into his veins.

It felt like deja vu... A shuddering one at that.

The kind he never felt before...

And never wanted to feel again.

•───────────⋅☾ ☽⋅───────────•