1.7. The course of love

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The love in his eyes

Was the truest thing I had ever seen

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Jimin's POV

"Act as their wingman or perish."

That was what my uncle said to me when I left his lab a few days ago.

But seeing how the two were acting around each other or whenever the other was mentioned, I didn't see the point of me interfering the course of nature... the course of love.

At least from what I knew, Jungkook was helplessly in love with Ina. And by helplessly, I meant head over heels crazy in love. She could wear rags, go for days without brushing her teeth or even kill a man, and he would still hold her tightly in that big heart of his.

"Ay, JK," I sang as I approached him when he was gathering his belongings after his class ended. I came over to pick him up since we had a class together. "Ready?"

After slinging his large black backpack over his shoulder and zipping up his gray hoodie, he stood up and skipped to the door ahead of me. "Let's go, Jimin-ah."

This kid was two years younger than me but after spending just over a year with me, he dropped the formalities without a hesitation when we were in high school. He was a brat around me but that was only because he was so comfortable with me. I would get teased, toyed and made fun of by this brat but all my anger would dissipate when I watch him laugh heartily, throwing his head back.

He was a brat whom I loved very much like my little brother.

He kept tapping on his phone while we were walking and I just knew he was texting Ina.

I took a little peek and saw some memes they were exchanging before shaking my head. I take back what I said... At this rate, they would start dating after two whole years at least.

They needed some push.

"Ina's here," I whispered into his ear.

Jungkook took a sharp stop and immediately snapped his head up before searching the bustling crowd, his Bambi eyes rapidly darting from one head to another. After a minute or so, he turned to me with knotted eyebrows and downturned lips.

"Where?"

He's so obvious.

I pointed at his heart with my lips. "In there."

The lovesick boy froze for a second before clearing his throat and turning away while tucking some strands of hair behind his ear. "You're weird."

I chuckled, slinging an arm around his broad shoulders. "You looked really eager just now. Missing lovergirl?"

He sighed before blurting, "I always do."

The smug expression dropped from my face at his bluntness and the vulnerability in his voice.

"I'm searching for her everywhere I go, foolishly hoping to bump into her out of nowhere whenever we're apart... I can never get enough of talking or chatting with her." He showed me a pained smile with his head hanging low. "I think I'm addicted to her and her presence, hyung."