2.12. Make a wish

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

All that you are

Is all that I ever need

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"You didn't have to buy me all these. Just one change of outfit would've been enough."

I snorted hearing Jungkook's complaints as we walked out of a store. "Nope. They suited you well. Just take it while I'm willing to buy it."

At least, my parents' money was being spent for a better reason than the things they get poured into.

Countless girls and older women who passed us by kept stealing glances or straight out ogling at him, some giggling between themselves and some nervously covering their mouths. It made me feel self conscious walking beside him.

"You're not being recognized but you're definitely attracting attention from other women," I chuckled, making him look around his surroundings warily. "They must be hating me for walking with you."

A frown instantly took over his features, his thick eyebrows deepening into a knot. "No. Why would they hate a person like you? You're wonderful, kind, considerate and warm-hearted-"

"You know I was just joking, right?" I stammered, flustered by his sudden compliments.

"Well, joke or not, I sometimes wonder why you're not, you know, manipulative, arrogant and stuff because of your background..."

The giddiness I felt bubbling inside died out and I sighed. "I don't know... It's just the way I am, I guess..."

"And that's lovely," he blurted when we left the Mikrokosmos department store and I nearly choked on air.

"What," I forced a laugh, feeling my cheeks heat up immediately. "Okay! Why don't we go somewhere else since we bought what we needed?!"

"Where?"

My brain cogs turned at light speed and I exclaimed, "Oh! There's this karaoke place Jungkook used to drag me and our friends to. I've been wanting to hear you sing seriously."

He nodded, agreeing, and we ambled along the streets, enjoying our small outing. The breeze danced along my skin, floating my locks gracefully as if it was providing me with a comforting delight it knew I needed. The last time I relished in the fragrance of the earth and the serenity of my soul was long forgotten.

The same memory must be often recalled by the man beside me.

"Wait," he exclaimed, stopping me. "Ina, is that a wishing fountain?" He excitedly pointed at a fountain with two children around it throwing coins and laughing with each other.

"Ah, yes," I murmured, not knowing what to make of his question.

"I want to make a wish," he cheered and put all his shopping bags in one hand before grabbing my wrist with the free one, dragging me towards it.