1.1. Amour sweet amour

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Love is like chocolate

Sweet, uplifting and addictive as fuck

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"I think it's not too late to consider becoming a chocolate taster now, right?"

The words on my book turned into hieroglyphic, illegible lines after hours of studying and my eyes were just blankly rolling over them. Memorizing? I couldn't even read a single sentence. We had our midterms next week and I sure as heck didn't know we learned so many things during the past few months.

My brain was at its limit and I seriously questioned whether pursuing a law degree was worth it or not. Memorizing all the laws had me on the verge of crying from digesting thousands of clauses and articles.

I was getting stomachache.

Namjoon chuckled in front of me after lifting his head up from his book to look at my poor self desperately pulling my hair. Compared to my tasteless book, his was a fiction one so he obviously wasn't having a mental breakdown like me.

"Or you could be a receptionist or a babysitter," he snorted loudly before covering his mouth and warily looking around the library. His eyes met mine and he gave me a more serious look. "I mean, you don't even need to work. Your parents are already rich enough to support you and your children and your children's children."

My eyes immediately narrowed at him. "Heck no. I'm not living with that dirty money. And I don't want to owe them anything later, either. They already tried setting me up with a rich douchebag, who knows what else they would force me to do?"

The man suddenly smirked. "Yeah, marrying a 'rich douchebag' won't do. You would rather marry Jungkook, right?"

I nearly choked on air. My cheeks burned up faster than I could take a breath.

I cursed at myself when an image of my crush in a wedding suit appeared in my mind.

Oh, how dreamy he looked with the black jacket and trousers hugging his tall and well built body so snugly, him beaming his adorable smile at me, his doe eyes crinkled, sparkling in-

Hold your fucking horses, Ina! Stop right there!

"W-Where did that come from?!" My voice cracked, making me more flustered. "N-No!"

"You love him," he blurted, his smirk growing into a ridiculously annoying grin. You would think university students like us would have a more sophisticated conversation.

"Be a little more quiet, please," I whisper-yelled, shying away from the curious glances of  other students. "And no, I don't!"

"Mhmm and I'm not your cousin." Namjoon slammed his book, closing it with a groan. "For the past whole year, I've watched you act like a puppy helplessly in love with him. The dude is clearly interested in you, too! Come on, Ina! Woman up and come to the party! Your love could get reciprocated!"

The drama lover was almost yelling at this point but I was too absorbed in his words to care.

I pulled my lower lip between my teeth at the thought of dating him. "I can't..."