1.16. Cherry blossoms

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

There is only one happiness in life

To love and to be loved

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Jeon Jungkook is cherry blossom.

Blooming and blossoming in the frosty chills of cold harsh winter, its petals dancing buoyantly in the freshness of the ever-changing air, its joyful color bringing life to the dullness of the earth...

He is the end of all things dark and cold.

He is the beginning of everything new and warm.

He is delicate but so so strong.

Jeon Jungkook is cherry blossom...

The cherry blossom of my life.

"So how loud does he snore?"

A burst of laughter escaped me just when I was pouring tea for Jungah, spilling some on the coffee table from the jerk of my movements. I quickly grabbed a napkin from underneath the table to clean it while still chuckling.

"Sis, why? We were talking about his school stress just now."

The girl flipped her shoulder length hair with a giggle and combed her new bangs. She looked positively gorgeous with it. "Yeah, but the mood was slumping like whoosh- so I wasn't having it. Besides, I'm sure he'll grow out of his stress soon and finally become the police officer he so badly wanted to be. I'm not worried. I'm just interested in other stuff, my sweet sister-in-law."

She nudged my sides, making me roll my eyes with a silly grin before handing her the cup of tea. "We're not married-"

"Yet, Ina," she interjected and took a sip, smiling through her doe eyes. "But I'm sure it'll happen soon. I can feel it in my oranges."

It took me a second to process her statement and I was frowning with half disgust and half amusement. "Why oranges though?"

"If I want to compare my breasts to something small then I'd want it to be at least soft, you know? As a fellow 'cup-holder', I'm sure you feel the same. Apples are too hard." She made grabbing gestures with her hands and I made confused squealing noises. "Okay okay. But my point stands. If my brother doesn't propose in the next..." she briefly stared at the ceiling before looking at me with a determined gaze, "month, then I'm disowning him, okay? I didn't raise him like that."

The determination in her tone was endearing and I couldn't help but smile softly. Even though she was years older than Jungkook, she was an adorable, happy-go-lucky gal. But in her sister mode, it was a different story. She was always protective, caring and motherly towards him, and I admired that ever since Jungkook introduced her to me before graduation.

And one day, she became my sister, too.

"So..."