twelve

(A/N: please VOTE and COMMENT!! - I am working really hard on this book! Make sure to comment any suggestions🥰)

L I L L I A N N A

"Niall, I don't think I can do this," I say, widening my eyes with fear and instinctively grabbing Niall's hand as we walk towards the front door of my family home.

Niall stops and looks at me with a smile, clearly recognising my nerves and pulls me into a hug, holding me tight and resting his chin on my head.

"Lilli, you can do this. I'm with you, I'll be right by your side," Niall explains with a smile as we walk closer to the large black door with Niall carrying a bunch of flowers in his free hand.

"Kiss up," I tease as he raises the flowers and rolls his eyes at me with a grin.

"Ready?" Niall asks and I take a deep breath and nod as he wraps the door. As we wait for an answer I begin to fiddle with Niall's tie, he insisted on looking respectable, with him gently swatting my hand away.

As we hear someone unlock the door, Niall squeezes my hand and mouths," It will be fine," with a large and inviting smile on his face.

I take another deep breath, holding it in for what feels like an eternity, until my father finally opens the door and stares at me with his jaw dropped.

"Lillianna," he gasps as he stares at Niall and I standing on his doorstep.

"Hi dad," I say quietly with a small smile as I take in his features for the first time in 2 years. He's wearing a crimson coloured pullover over a crisp white shirt and black cotton trousers with respectable brogues that I'm sure he polished this morning.

His eyes are still green and twinkly, like my own, and I can't help but smile as I realise how much I've missed him.

"Sean who is it? Is it the window cleaner?" I hear my mother call from the kitchen and when she comes into view I can see the surprise of my appearance on her face.
"Lilli?" She asks quietly as she walks towards the door and my father.

Niall is still squeezing my hand and smiling and I realise how grateful I am for him being here with me.

"Hi mum," I say with a smile as my father and her stare at Niall and I with faint smiles appearing on their faces.

"This is Niall, my fiancé," I explain as I motion towards Niall, temporarily letting go of his hand as he leans forward and shakes my mother and father's hands, gifting the flowers to my mother.

"It's lovely to meet you both," he says with a wide smile and my parents nod in acknowledgment.
"I- I was hoping that Niall and I could come in, if you're not busy that is," I say nervously as I stare at my parents.

"No that would be, that would be great," my father says with a smile and I breathe a sigh of relief as he moves to the side and allows Niall and I to enter the house, still holding hands.

"I will go and put these in a vase now, thank you Niall," my mother, Marie, says as she motions to the flowers and smiles at Niall.

As we are led into the living room I can't help but look around as I realise that not very much has changed since I left.
Still the same photos of Jesus on the wall.