fourteen

Song - Marble Halls by Enya
(it was my parents wedding song when my mum walked down the aisle🥰)

L I L L I A N N A

Today is the day.
The date is May 18th.
My wedding day.

"Hold still Lilllianna, I mean seriously! You are being ridiculous," Vivian orders, rolling her eyes at me and pursing her lips, creating a sour expression.

Elio turns sharply towards her and gives her a dirty look before turning back to me with a smile as he adjusts my dress.
I'm so happy he is here with me and that I'm not being prodded and stared at by total strangers. Elio is like the older brother I never had.

My hair and makeup is complete with my hair being styled half up half down, my favourite. Elio insisted I choose what I want in order to make me feel like I'm in control.

"And the finishing touch," he says gently as he places shimmer powder along my collar bones and shoulders. "Can't go wrong with a little bit of sparkle," he says with a slight laugh as he moves the brush along my shoulders.

Vivian and the rest of my management leave the room as they begin to guide the guests to their seats, only a slight few I truly know.
As Elio and I are left alone in the room I can't help but walk over to the full length mirror and do a twirl as I study myself.

"I'm not ready El," I admit gently, my hands and knees shaking in fear.

"Of course you aren't ready! But Niall and I have got your back no matter what," Elio says softly with a smile as he holds my chin in his hand affectionately.

"You look absolutely beautiful Lilli," Elio says with a smile as he begins to cry.

"Look at me, crying already!" He says with a slight laugh as he pulls out a hot pink handkerchief and dries his eyes, careful not to smudge his own makeup.

"Don't cry Elio," I hush as I pull him into a hug and gently kiss his cheek.

"I'm just so proud of you Lilli," he states with a definite nod, making me smile and slightly tear up.

"Don't you dare make that mascara run girl," Elio playfully threatens resulting in us both laughing, something I thought I wouldn't be doing at all today.

Just as I am about to speak there is a knock on the adjoining door connecting my room to Niall's. We haven't been allowed to see or speak to each other for obvious traditional reasons but I can't help but wonder how he is feeling about the whole situation.

"Lilli," I hear a familiar Irish voice whisper through the door.
I inhale a breath and exhale with a smile as I walk to the door and sit on the ground, my dress spilling around me.
"Niall," I whisper through the other end and I can hear a soft chuckle.

"I'll leave you guys, you have 5 minutes," Elio informs me as he exits blowing a kiss.

"Hi," he mumbles awkwardly with a sigh and I can't help but cling to the door handle on my side.

"Hi," I reply with a smile, his voice calming me.

"Do you want a sour patch kid sweet? It calms the nerves," he asks as we both laugh.
"Yes please," I reply and within two seconds he slides a somewhat squashed sour patch kid sweet along the wooden floor under the door.