thirty

L I L L I A N N A

"I could tell you Luna," Madison says with a smirk and instantly my heart drops.

"Wait what?" I ask gently, my voice clearly conveying my raw emotions.

"Niall and I went on a series of dates a few years ago. I could tell he was really into me," Madison explains with a smirk as the other girls listen attentively, swooning over the idea.
I look at Madison with wide eyes as she twirls her hair with a smirk.

"He was sweet and was totally head over heels for me," Madison giggles and I can't help but roll my eyes at her.

I know she is attempting to annoy me but I can't help but feel upset at the thought of him and her on a date.

The thought of it makes me sick.

"But he was too shy and boring for me. So I dumped him, I'm sure I broke his heart! He probably cried for weeks over me," Madison continues as the other girls sigh with smiles.

"He would've been so lucky to have you," Luna chirps and I sink gently into my seat, my head filling with ideas of not being good enough.

I try and ignore the inner voice overthinking in my head but I can only focus on Madison's smirk and her glass of red wine that she is gently swirling.

"I hadn't heard of him dating anyone else... until you," Madison states with a distasteful tone and I can feel the girls' eyes staring at me, judging me.

"Interesting," Zuri remarks with a smirk as the girls' eyes linger on me.

"Sloppy seconds," I hear Queenie mumble under her breath and I instantly feel overwhelmed by the girls' presence and laughter.

I feel hurt and I don't know why. Is it because Niall went on a date with Madison? Is it because I know Madison is trying to hurt me and I'm letting her? Is it because I believe I'm not good enough?

These ideas float around my head, causing a severe headache as I try and ignore her words and focus on my breathing.

"His laugh was too loud it was embarrassing," Madison says with a laugh creating an eruption of cackling from the others.

"Stop it Madison," I say through gritted teeth, glaring at her but she smirks back.

"He didn't like the paparazzi I invited, how pathetic!" Madison continues to gossip to the other girls as I sit there like a pathetic child not in on the secret.

"Madison I told you to stop it!" I say slightly louder, spitting my words and she only smirks even wider as I am clearly becoming agitated.

"But my favourite thing about him was when he was in bed, you'll know this Lillianna. Having sex with him is just-"

"Madison stop it!" I say loudly, gaining everyone's attention as I jump up from my seat with tears welling up in my eyes in frustration.

I can feel everyone staring at me as I keep my eyes fixed on Madison who is sitting with a smirk planted firmly on her face.

I let her get to me. I let her win.

I feel my lip trembling so I bite it to hold back my tears.

"I'm leaving," I state through gritted teeth but as I bend down to get my bag Madison throws her glass of red wine over me, completely soaking my dress.

"What the fuck!" I yell as I am drenched in red wine in front of an entire room of professional actors, directors and producers from my management company.