sixteen

(A/N: please VOTE and COMMENT!! - I am working really hard on this book! Make sure to comment any suggestions🥰)

L I L L I A N N A

"This is so much better than that shit posh food," Niall says with a laugh, biting into his huge room service burger.
"Tell me about it," I agree with a smile as I bite into mine.

"I didn't know what half of that food was," Niall admits with a laugh as he wipes his mouth with his napkin and then takes a drink of his Diet Coke.
"Lucky you," I sigh, rolling my eyes playfully, making him sit up and pay attention.

"Every event I'm at I can never eat anything because it's all disgusting and posh," I explain with a slight laugh as Niall shakes his head.

"You must always be starving then at those events," Niall says with a slight laugh, taking another bite of his burger.

"Yeah especially when I haven't been able to eat all day in order to fit into my dress," I admit with a small smile but I notice Niall's expression has changed, his eyebrows are furrowed and his jaw is locked as he stares at me.

"I hate that that happens to you Lilli, I mean my management are controlling and all but at least I don't have to deal with that shit," he explains, his eyes locking with mine full of genuine sympathy.

"You know I don't care about all that shit and what you wear and all?" He asks, leaning towards me as we sit on the window ledge in the hotel room.

"I know that and I appreciate it," I admit truthfully and he nods at me, his smile reappearing.

"Why did you leave the pickles? They are the best part," Niall asks, changing the conversation and pointing to my plate.
"I'm allergic to pickles," I say pulling a face, making him laugh.

"Don't mind if I do," he laughs as he eats the pickles on my plate pulling a wide smile at me.

As we sit in our hotel robes on the window seat, looking down at the street below us we start to see bright, invading flashes and I immediately jump up.

"Niall move away from the window," I demand as I move back, covering my face from the flashes that are lighting up the hotel room.

"Why? They can't see our faces they can only see our outline," Niall asks in a confused tone, gaining an eye roll from me and a nervous laugh.

"Niall, we are - uh technically we should be having sex right now and they will know that we aren't," I explain, my cheeks blushing as Niall realises what I mean.

"I mean we can if you want," Niall teases playfully with his usual grin.

"Niall," I complain as I throw a pillow at his face, throwing my head back with laughter as I stand on the bed.

"Think you're so funny huh?" He asks playfully as he throws the pillow back at me making me fall on the bed due to the force.

Before I can throw the pillow back at him he charges towards me, tickling my stomach resulting in me attempting to kick him away as I laugh hysterically.

He laughs with me until we both hear his phone make a noise, indicating that he has an abundance of messages.

I pull myself off of the bed as he gets his phone from the coffee table, his expression immediately dropping.

@NiallOfficial
18/05/2019 will forever be the happiest day of my life. I love you baby forever and always xx @lilliannaofficial

"Looks like management have been on my account," he states coldly, running his hands through his hair as I sit on the edge of the bed looking at my hands as I remember the situation.

I can't help but tear up as the flashes from the paparazzi cameras light the room, completely invading our privacy as usual.

I pull my knees to my chest and cry as I sit on the edge of the bed, letting all of my emotions and anger out as I realise that there is no going back in this situation.

I feel the bed dip in weight and I feel a hand gently rub my back as I continue to cry.
"It's okay," he hushes soothingly but he doesn't sound too convincing and I can tell he's trying to be brave for me.

"It's just for a second Niall, I completely forgot about everything," I explain, slowly lifting my head to look into his eyes as my wet tears roll down my pink face.

"Me too," he admits as he wipes away the tear leaving my eye as he speaks.

I lean into him as I continue to cry, my own phone buzzing alongside Niall's and we hold each other tight as we listen to people cheering our names and celebrating our marriage all night.