14: Ice cream is always the answer. Always.

RED

"Reddiane Thompson! We've been on this call for five minutes, you're smiling but you're quiet.Who kidnapped you and made you happy?"

I raise my eyebrows at my best friend and felt my cheeks turn the shade darker than my hair as I recall what had happened at the woods.  With one last kiss Vos pulled away and hurriedly brought me to my room muttering something about losing control and wanting to wait but I didn't mind his actions too much; he probably had to do Alpha stuff, I did after all disturb his training. So with nothing to do I decided to call Sapphire and now here we are. Me smiling like an idiot for five minutes straight but not explaining why.

You're probably freaking Sapphire out too.

Eh. She's used to me.

I don't think she's used to the giddy, lovesick side of you.

Lovesick? Am I lovesick?

"Red? Red?" I smile at her panicked look shrug as I hum. I don't even know why I called Sapphire.

Probably cause you want her to know about Vos you idiot!

Right.

"Oh my Goddess. I think she's malfunctioning. Orion! We have to go home!" At her words, a laugh bubbled out from my throat and at the frowning face of Orion who suddenly popped in the screen  that small laugh turn into full blown laughter.

"No we don't. Red stop malfunctioning! I haven't had enough of my mate yet! Damn it can't we have three months of peace? Just three fucking months!" I laugh even harder at an exasperated looking Orion who plops down on the bed and slams his limbs on the bed alternately, much like a toddler having a tantrum.

"Orion, you're a full grown Alpha male and about to be King and you're acting like a two year-old who got his lollipop stolen." Now, this got my attention, and Orion it seems.

"King?" I ask when Sapphire immediately flips the camera to her face, making Orion disappear from the view.

"Yeah. We'll talk about it when we get back." I nod slowly, feeling uneasy about the word. The last King was also crowned this way, married to the Princess and poof! Coco crunch!

Orion isn't like the King and you know that.

I know but power can ruin even the best Gods.

Why do you even doubt him?

I don't doubt Orion, I doubt the position.

You're not making sense.

I know, shut up conscience!

"Red!" I blink and smile at a puzzled Sapphire. "I've been calling your name for like three times and you're still somehow stuck in your daze."

I pout and bat my eyes at her slowly. "But you know I get internal monologues when things happen!"

This immediately got all her attention which of course meant that she got up from the bed and ran to the bathroom  immediately slamming the door shut when Orion stood up to follow her.

"You're a bit harsh with your mate." I comment amusedly when she slides against the door and fixes the camera to face her.

"What's harsh is not telling your best friend what the heck happened to you  while you grin and try to change the topic!" I laugh again, reminded by Vos' smile. Damn it I liked him a lot.

"Okay." Sapphire nodded eagerly. "IreallylikeVosandwekissedandhemightbemysecondchancebutlikemayben-"

"RED!" I take a deep breath and smile innocently at her. "Slowly. Tell me slowly."
I smile again but not because of this absurd situation, but because every time I think about Vos my reflexive primal response is to smile.