Chapter 1: The Beginning part.3

WARNING!! the author added a new part of the manga that could be SPOILER to those who don't read the manga...

It was around that time when Mikaela found her greatest weapon.

She was ambidextrous.

Iwaizumi learned of that and jumped on the opportunity to get her to try left-handed spikes. He told her that most people are used to receiving right-handed spikes, and if she could use both hands with the same force, her capabilities and danger level would increase. Kageyama immediately started adjusting his sets for both her hands, and Mikaela found herself loving spiking more and more.

Mikaela went to volleyball practice, then worked with Iwaizumi in the boys' gym. Some of his team mates (mostly Oikawa) teased him for helping a little girl, but her spikes were gradually becoming better and better. Iwaizumi got extra practice time as well. Kageyama often joined them, as well as Oikawa- with the captain setting balls for his ace with Kageyama working on his setting for Mikaela.

Back with the girls', it seemed like nothing was getting better. Mikaela was still furiously digging the ball, but still had a lot of trouble passing. She focused more on getting the ball in a high, spin-less arc so the setter could get to it. It worked, but Tsudeki still wanted more accuracy. Given that their previous libero had graduated last year, she was the only one who could fit the bill. She never got to work on her spikes or tips or anything, until she went to practice with Iwaizumi.

Then, the boys graduated.

After their graduation, Kageyama had shaken all the third years' hands and wished them luck in high school. Mikaela had come to shake Oikawa's hand and bury her face into Iwaizumi's chest in a rough hug. "You guys better be the best damn team in high school," she had said into his jacket. Iwaizumi had laughed and awkwardly hugged her back before she detached herself.

"You'll be a great spiker," he told her, ruffling her hair.

"If they'd ever let me spike," she groaned, scuffing her shoes on the ground.

Iwaizumi grinned. "They will. You're going to be a famous volleyball prodigy one day, and you're going to tell everyone that Iwaizumi Hajime taught you how to spike. They'll call you the Two-Handed Devil or something."

"Is that the only reason you taught me?"

"Maybe."

"And... Devil?!"

"It matches your personality."

"Iwaizumi!"

"And you'd better hope that you grow a bit."

"Hey!"

After they graduated, the next year flew by. Kageyama was Kitagawa Daiichi's setter, but Mikaela was starting to notice the changes in his personality. He, much like herself, had difficulty communicating and connecting with other players on the court. He grew into the nickname 'King of the Court' partially for his superb playing skills, and partially for his dictator personality. His sets were becoming more and more demanding.

"Tobio," Mikaela said one day after their practice game had ended dangerously close to Kitagawa Daiichi's loss, "maybe you ought to match up with the other spikers on your team."

Kageyama shook his head. "They'd get stuffed. I'm setting the best possible ball. They just need to keep up with me." He paused. "You could hit all the sets I make."

"But I'm not on the court," she protested. But what Kageyama was saying was probably true. They practiced together often, and Mikaela could hit whatever he set for her. Not that they'd ever played together in a game, though. So maybe he was wrong. "And you, as the setter, have to try and connect with your team."