Chapter 49: The Inarizaki Match

SPOILER ALERT!!! ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T READ THE MANGA!

------------------

Everyone was warming up on the court when Mikaela jogged in, still feeling slightly overwhelmed from the sudden interview and Atsumu's appearance. Part of her couldn't believe that the Inarizaki team had been as chill as they were, but the other part of her wasn't surprised. They were as done with Atsumu's bullshit as she was.

"Miya Atsumu's stats were so high that they had to make another one of him," she heard Sugawara grumble as she walked by.

"That's not how twins work," Asahi said with a chuckle.

Mikaela rolled her eyes at her senpai's antics and headed to the volleyball cart, ready to pass them out to the team as they kept moving through warm ups. She accidentally made eye contact with Miya Atsumu and he waved. She scowled.

"Mikaela, you're friends with that guy?" Tanaka asked incredulously, his eyes narrowing in on one of the twins.

"No," she said with a scowl.

"Yep!" he called back.

"How is your hearing so good?" Mikaela snapped back, glaring at him.

Osamu nudged his twin. "Stop bothering her, moron."

"Yeah, leave her alone," Ojiro added, sliding up next to the twins and nodding to Mikaela. "She's dealt with enough of your crap today."

"Leave the other team's manager alone," Kita said as he walked by.

Hell, even Suna popped up. "Annoying as always."

"Guys! I'm your teammate! Stop attacking me!" Atsumu whined, sulking to himself as the tiny crowd around him all frowned at him. "She's the one who was bothering me! Look at her!"

Mikaela resisted the urge to flip him off.

"Sorry, Mikaela-chan," they all said, almost in unison.

She waved. "No problem."

"Hey!"

"Mikaela, stop fraternizing with the enemy and come help me with plays," Ukai called, beckoning her over. Mikaela rolled her eyes but quickly stepped out of conversation range with the Inarizaki team. Ukai sighed and showed her the play sheet. "It's almost a good thing you won't be our manager anymore, you're much too popular."

Mikaela flushed. "Ugh."

"Can you go check on the game on the third court? That's where we're playing. Let me know when they hit the middle of their second set."

She nodded. "Sure, Coach."

The game ended up being mildly interesting to watch, and Mikaela almost forgot what she went there for. The second set was at 15 - 12 with the lead going to the team who won the first set, so Mikaela jogged back to the warm up court to inform the team. Karasuno gathered their things and started heading to their court, half changing as they went.

"You know," Mikaela remarked, "I never thought I'd have to see you guys wear the orange uniforms."

Since Inarizaki was the favourite to win and their team wore black, Karasuno was forced to wear their alternate uniforms: bright orange. It was laughable, really; Hinata looked like a tangerine, head to toe in orange. Mikaela's eyes lingered on Tsukishima's back as he changed his shirt.

"Staring?"

She jerked up, then glared at Kageyama. "No."

"Is he nice to you?"