25

LOVE AND WAR
— 25. Coronation

    A month later, it was finally time for the queen's coronation, but Nora didn't really care

    A month later, it was finally time for the queen's coronation, but Nora didn't really care. She went about her normal day while everyone else was worrying about the preparations that were still necessary to do before.

    Nora, however, found herself kneeling before the altar as she did most morning since returning. She performed her daily prayers, just after sneaking out of her bed to avoid waking Edward.

He found himself in her bed more frequently as of late, seeing as though his wife was carrying their first child, a future York prince.

Nora found it funny how quickly after she told Edward he would only be allowed back in her bed if Elizabeth was pregnant that Elizabeth did, indeed, become with child.

She smiled as she thought of it, but forced herself to stop thinking about it as she continued on with her daily prayers.

    Just then, feeling arms wrap around her from the back, Nora opened her eyes and sighed. She rolled her eyes, turning her head to see that it was Edward who interrupted her morning prayers.

She sighed in annoyance, standing up from her kneeling position with Edward's arms still wrapped around her. "What are you thanking God for?" He asked, wearing the cheekiest of smiles.

"For giving me such a wonderful man to spend the rest of my life loving," Nora confessed in a bright tone, which surprised Edward.

Usually, she woke up in a bad mood, but she didn't seem all that bad that morning.

"You know I realized this morning?" Edward questioned as Nora turned to face him, his grip tightening around her, "Each morning, I wake up somehow loving you more than I loved you the day. I wonder how that's even possible."

"What did you do?" Nora asked, an unamused look on her face, "You're trying to flatter me more than usual. What did you do this time?"

Edward sighed in defeat, realizing she had seen right through his trickery. "Though that confession may be true, there is something I've done," He confessed, causing Nora to look frustrated, "It's nothing truly bad. I've just made a marriage plan for our daughter."

"To whom?" Nora asked, a look of disbelief on her face.

"Edward Woodville," He answered without a care in the world, "The Queen's youngest brother. He's six years old. They will marry when our daughter turns twelve."

Nora stared at Edward in silence. He frowned and since her expression didn't change, he gradually released her from his grip. "I thought you'd be happy that I've found our daughter a good husband," He informed her in an uneasy tone.

"Yes, to a commoner," She complained in annoyance, "Our daughter is of Lancastrian and York blood. The people of England may see it as nothing more than a rumor, but you and I know that she is a rightful princess of England, a marriage to Edward Woodville is absurd and shall never happen. I will not accepted this."