54

LOVE AND WAR
— 54. Secrecy

It was morning time and Nora and Richard stood in one of the many large rooms of the castle, both of them holding swords

Richard swung the sword at Nora, who was quick to block his form of attack with her own sword. She counterattacked and continued to swing at him repeatedly afterward.

Richard smiled slightly, trying his best to continue blocking her.

While Nora used two hands to grasp her sword, Richard used one, seeing as though he was more skilled than her due to having more experience with a blade. Soon enough, their blades became deadlocked and Nora looked at Richard.

"I'm getting good at this, I suppose," Nora admitted proudly, retracting her sword before she began to slash at Richard once more, but the man was quick to block and counter her forms of attack.

Richard ended up getting past her defensive position and tapped the blade of his sword against Nora's shoulder.

She groaned, annoyed that he had bested her. "Don't get worked up. Keep your elbows bent and relax," He instructed her, swinging his sword in his hand before they began to spar once more.

Nora yelled out as she swung at him. Richard raised his sword, their swords slashing together. Nora pulled back and swung once more, but Richard was quick to duck.

He swung at her repeatedly and Nora tried her best to defend herself. However, soon enough, Richard ended up knocking the sword out of her hand. He grabbed her by the wrist, pulling her toward him.

She grunted as her back collided with his chest, the blade of his sword finding its way near her throat.

"You mustn't charge so quickly," He whispered in her ear, "Do so and you'll find yourself at the end of a blade."

Nora turned her head, looking Richard in the eyes as she nodded her head. She smiled mischievously, casually kissing Richard on the lips without a care in the world.

"Nora," He warned her in a calm tone, anxiously glancing around after pulling away from the brief kiss, "Someone may see."

Nora playfully rolled her eyes, but still nodded, knowing he had a point. "I suppose it's time we have breakfast," she decided, earning a smile from Richard as they both placed their swords down before exiting the room.

Later on at that day, Nora was standing at her favorite spot. The balcony. She was caught up in her thoughts when a pair of arms wrapped around her, causing her to smile since she knew it was Richard.

She turned her head, chuckling softly as Richard pressed a kiss to the crook of her neck.
They rocked slightly, both of them smiling.

"Hello to you, too," She answered playfully.