20

LOVE AND WAR
— 20. True Queen

   That night, at the brothel in London, Arthur, George, and a few other lords Edward had brought with him had their way with different prostitutes they had paid to have for a night

Edward had been given a special room all to himself by the madame of the brothel, who had hoped to please her king with the special treat. In the room, he sat on a chair in the room with a glass of wine in his hand, waiting for the prostitute he had paid for to arrive.

Just then, a woman wearing a black, hooded cloak entered, her back facing him as she closed the door.

He frowned, watching as she slowly turned to face him, her head lowered in order to hide her face. "Who are you?" He asked in a low tone, eying her suspiciously.

    Slowly, she removed her cloak, causing Edward's eyes to widen at the sight of Nora. She was clearly nervous about being there, but did a wonderful job hiding it as she stood confidently before him.

    She seductively removed her cloak, revealing herself to be wearing a dress that was commonly worn by the whores at a brothel, not a highborn Lancastrian woman like herself.

  Edward immediately rose from his seat, watching Nora closely as she slowly lifted her head to look him in the eye, a hint of the devil of those innocent blue eyes of her.

"You claimed being a bold woman wasn't always a good thing. I decided to prove otherwise," Nora revealed, a small, devilish grin forming on her lips.

     Edward slowly extended his hand out, an uneasy look on his face. "Your husband--" He began to say, only to have Nora interrupt him.

"...Is so occupied by the two whores he's fooling around with, he didn't even notice me as I walked right past him, even without my hood on," She informed Edward, causing him to gradually begin to smirk as well, "Now, Edward, I didn't come all this way for you to just stand there and look pretty, now did I?"

  Edward wasted no time rushing forward. He roughly grabbed the sides of her face, smashing his lips against hers while Nora wrapped her arms around his neck. He traveled down to her thighs, grabbing onto them as she lifted up off the ground. He traveled over to the bed with her legs secured around him, neither of them breaking the hungry kiss.

    Just moments later, Edward had pushed Nora on the bed, his hands roaming underneath her dress as he kissed her. He pulled away briefly, smiling as he took in the beautiful sight of her.

While he was caught up in his loving gaze, Nora grabbed him by the arms before she flipped the position, making it so that she was on top, which was a first in their two-year-long affair.

    Nora placed one hand on his chest, the other intertwining with Edward's. "The way you acted earlier, I expected many things out of you, but never this," He admitted, earning a smirk from Nora as she bucked her hips, "I like that smirk, you know. I never saw it on you before. Now, I see it on you all the time. I now realize it means you're up to something. Something mischievous yet so pleasing."