37.

*26 weeks later*

Billie's POV

Someone shakes at my shoulders, I mumble and turn around, keeping my eyes shut. "I don't wanna wake up yet." I sigh.

"Billie wake the fuck up now, I need to get to the hospital right the fuck now," Alexis whispers harshly. I just mumble, not fully aware of what she's saying. I hear words but can't form a proper sentence in my head.

"Billie, that baby is gonna come right the fuck now, so get the fuck up to get me to the hospital." She tries once again. I can hear the pain in her voice, that's when it clicked in my head. I shot up and look around.

"Right now?" I ask, she nods her head heavily.

She was right all this time. She was packing clothes earlier, saying she wanted her suitcase to be ready for when the baby was gonna come because she believed it was gonna come this week and I told her she wasn't right, because we were still a week before the actual date. But she was right.

I get up and help her out of bed. Her head is dripping sweat and I haven't seen her in this much pain before.

"Alright, let's get you the hospital," I say and help her all the way downstairs, in the car.

"Wait here, I'm going to tell Britt and Fabio that they have to follow up behind us and take your stuff," I tell her, she just nods her head again. "Hurry, Billie!" She yells after me when I was already running in the house again.

"Okay, Alexis is gonna have the baby, I'm getting her to the hospital, so follow up behind us with her stuff," I tell them, they were already up because we were being too loud.

They jump in Fabio's car and follow us.

Everything from then on felt like a blur, I was speeding up, Alexis was in pain and constantly yelling at me to go faster, I was driving as fast as I could, I couldn't see the road clearly anymore since we were going so fast and that's the last thing I remember.

--------------------

I wake up because of a really bad headache. It felt like someone was sticking hundreds of needles in my head to just pull them out again and stick them back in.

After I open my eyes I m-immediately shut them again because of the brightness. The smell feels familiar. I open my eyes and look around, trying to get a clear vision, but everything is a blur.

Until I can hear someone talk, I turn my head to the sound of their voice and see someone standing at the side of my bed.

"Billie, can you hear me?" They ask.

"Finneas?" I ask.

"Yeah, how are you feeling? I called the doctor to come check up on you." He says.

I try to open my eyes another time and have a more clear vision now. "My head hurts, what happened?" I ask.

"Alexis was in labor." He says. "Alexis? Alexis! Where is she Oh my god, is she okay?" I ask.

I only now see Finneas is stained red, his eyes are bloodshot, giving away that he's been crying.

"She uh- you got in a car accident." He tells me. "Where is she?" I ask.

"She isn't- she uh- Billie fuck I'm so sorry I can't tell you this news." He says and starts crying.

Just then a doctor walks in.

"Ah, you woke up, how are you feeling?" He asks. "Where is Alexis?" I ask the doctor.

"I'm sorry ma'am to have to tell you this news, she didn't survive the accident. I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor says in a neutral tone, the way he probably tells everyone news like this.

"What?" I ask.

"This is a joke, tell me this is some sick fucking joke."

"I'm sorry Billie," Finneas says through his tears. "Can I be alone with him?" I ask the doctor. He nods his head a little and leaves the room.

"Tell me this is a joke," I beg Finneas one last time as I feel tears welling up.

"I wish it was." He says.

"Where is the baby, did she-?" I ask.

"He survived, he's with Simon at home," Finneas says.

"He? It's a boy?" I ask. Finneas just nods his head.

"Can I see him? Can you call Simon?" I ask. Finneas nods once again and takes his phone.

--------------------

Five minutes later Simon walks in. He looks like shit, just like everyone else I saw today.

He has the little boy sleeping peacefully in his arms.

"Can I hold him?" I ask in barely a whisper. Simon nods a little and walks up to me and places the baby in my arms.

I look down at him opening his eyes a little. He looks so peaceful, so innocent, so unaware of things.

He looks so much like Alexis.

"Alex," I whisper.

"What?" Finneas asks.

"His name, his name is Alex," I say. I see Simon nod his head.

"His name is Alex." He repeats.

--------------------

*authors note*

Fuck I'm crying.

Don't kill me.

I can't handle this.

This is it fuck