Chapter 3

Val's POV

I was walking with Poppy and Branch after we finished the song.

"Hey! That was some fancy footwork, Cooper." Poppy says to Cooper.

"Some people just got it." Cooper says.

"Biggie, Mr. Dinkles, you two were on fire!" Poppy says to Biggie and Mr. Dinkles.

"Yeah, sorry about that, Queen Poppy." Biggie says as he turns around, for us to see Mr. Dinkles' head on fire.

Biggie uses his hand to put the fire out.

Mr. Dinkles only responds with a squeak.

"I'm digging that new anklet, Legsly." Poppy says to Legsly.

"Thanks, Poppy." Legsly says as her legs grow longer. "Kisses and donuts and sprinkles!" She says as she walks away.

"Ah, what a Troll." Branch says as we watch Legsly walk away.

"Oh, hey, Val. Even though you didn't sing, you still did good." Poppy says to me.

"Thanks, Poppy." I say with a smile.

We look ahead to see Guy Diamond walking with Tiny Diamond.

"Tiny Diamond, welcome to the family, little buddy." Poppy says to Tiny Diamond.

"Thanks Aunt Poppy. And thanks to this silver-haired daddy of mine for bringing me into this world." Tiny Diamond says.

"Aw." Me and Poppy say.

"I never knew my heart could be so full." Guy Diamond says.

"Peace and love. Bless up. Tiny and Daddy out." Tiny Diamond says before he and Guy Diamond walk off.

"Oh. Okay, bye." Poppy says as she waves to them.

"Hey, uh, Poppy. There's something I was hoping to ask you. I mean, I guess it's something I want to tell you, more so. Uh, but listen. You could feel free to respond to it, uh, with an answer, if you want." Branch says as he follows Poppy.

I follow behind them.

Poppy grabs a water bucket and starts to water the flowers.

"Sure. What's up?" Poppy asks as she faces him.

I was excited about this. Only I know what Branch wants to tell Poppy. He told me that he had feelings for Poppy and was always nervous to tell her. But I think now is going to be the time he tells her.

I only move a few steps back, so they can have room to speak.

"Uh, what's up is I, uh, I-I-I-I-I-I... I wanted to tell you that...uh." Branch sighs before saying, "Your crushing it at this queen thing."

I just facepalm at this.

"Aw, Branch, thank you. Being a good queen is the most important thing in the world to me. Other than being your friend." Poppy says to Branch.

Oh, man. Branch just got friend zoned. I could tell he wasn't really happy with being called a friend. I can see it by the way he is trying to hold a smile.

"Uh, five it up?" Poppy asks as she has her hand up for a high five.

But for some reason, they missed on doing the high five.

"Huh. That could've been better. Let's try that again." Poppy says before they do another high five.

But once again, they miss.

"Okay, one more." Poppy says.

They do it again but miss again.

"Huh. For some reason, we can't seem to make a good connection." Poppy says to Branch.

I then hear Fuzzbert walking by with his hand in the air for a high five.

Fuzzbert walks over to Poppy and high fives her before walking away.

"Oh, yes, Fuzzbert! Now, that's a good connection." Poppy says to Fuzzbert.

I could tell that Branch felt a little heartbroken from this.

Out of nowhere, we hear screaming in the distance.