Chapter 6

Val's POV

The sun has set and Branch and I are looking for Poppy.

We soon find Poppy standing next to a hot air balloon with the bat.

"Oh, look how cute you are! Barb is gonna love your new look. Tell her I look forward to helping her plan the world's biggest party." Poppy says as she gives a letter to the bat.

"Poppy." Branch says.

This startles Poppy.

"What are you doing?" Branch asks.

"Oh. Nothing." Poppy says as she tries to cover the bat.

"Ooh! Poppy's busted." The hot air balloon says.

"Sneaking out to meet Barb? Headed into enemy territory?" Branch asks Poppy.

"She's not the enemy. She's a queen, the same a me." Poppy says.

"And what did you do to the poor bat?" I ask as I look at the bat, to see that it has glitter on it.

The bat then flies away with the letter.

"Bye-bye, little bat." The hot air balloon says.

"Your dad just told us that Queen Barb is bad news." Branch tells Poppy.

"Well, my dad doesn't know everything." Poppy says.

"He knows about this. You didn't even know there was a string until this morning." Branch says.

"And he also knows who I really am." I say remembering when he told me that I am the Peacekeeper of music.

"He may be fine in a world where everybody lives in isolation, but I'm not." Poppy says as she gets on the hot air balloon.

"Well, but we don't know anything about the other Trolls." Branch says.

"Well, we know they're Trolls. Branch, Val, look around Troll Village. Everybody's different, even us." Poppy says.

We then hear a sneeze in the distance.

"Did you hear something?" Poppy asks us.

"Stop trying to change the subject." Branch says to her.

"Look, being queen means having a lot of power, and it's my job to use it for good. I can't stay home when I know there's a world full of different Trolls out there just like us." Poppy says to us.

"This is a terrible idea that will most likely blow up in your face." Branch says to Poppy.

"Okay, bye." Poppy says as the hot air balloon starts to rise up.

"Poppy! You are not leaving... without me." I say as I jump and grab onto the hot air balloon.

Poppy helps me into the hot air balloon and I stand there next to Poppy.

"What?" Branch asks with disbelief.

Poppy and I stare at Branch.

Branch just stood there for a little while. He then jumped onto a tree and jumped into the hot air balloon.

"And I guess I'm coming with you." Branch says to us.

"Oh! Thank you. I really didn't want to go by myself." Poppy says with a sigh of relief.

I then realize something before we left.

"Wait, Poppy! I need to grab something!" I say before jumping off the hot air balloon and onto a tree. I then climb down the tree and run to the room that holds the scrolls.

Once I enter, I see the scroll that tells the prophecy about the Peacekeeper of all music.

I grab the scroll and head back. But I stop when I see someone walking towards the forest.

I follow the person and see that it is Cooper.

"Cooper? What re you doing?" I ask him.

Cooper turns around and was a little startled when he heard me.

"Oh, I wanted to see if there are any Trolls like me." Cooper answers.

"Wait. You're going by yourself?" I ask.

"Yeah. I know it sounds scary. But I must do this." Cooper says.

"Okay, Cooper. Just stay safe." I say before hugging him.

"I will, Val." Cooper says as he hugs me back.

We break the hug and go opposite ways.

I soon make it to the hot air balloon.

I climb the tree and land in the hot air balloon.

"What did you forget?" Poppy asks me.

"I forgot to get the scroll about the Peacekeeper of all music. I wanted to read more, so I can know more about myself." I say as I put the scroll in the inside pocket of my jacket.

"Okay. Let's do this!" Poppy says to us as we start to rise into the air.

"Road Trip!" The hot air balloon says with excitement.

I could tell that this was going to be another great adventure.