Chapter 14

Val's POV

I rise from the river and swim to the shore with the others.

Once I make it to shore, I lay down on the ground.

Poppy and Branch do the same.

I look over to see Biggie doing CPR to Mr. Dinkles, because he wasn't waking up.

After a while, Mr. Dinkles spits out water.

"Oh, Mr. Dinkles, you're alive. For a minute there, I thought you'd kicked the bucket." Biggie says to Mr. Dinkles.

I look up to the sky sighing.

I then remember about the scroll. I look down and open my jacket to see the scroll. I take it out and it was okay.

I sigh in relief as I put the scroll back into the pocket and look back up to the sky.

"I'm really glad you came with me." I hear Poppy say to Branch.

"Me too." I hear Branch say afterwards.

Just then, Hickory comes over to us.

"There you are." Hickory says as he helps me up. "I think we lost them. We should be alright." He says.

"Thanks. I don't know how we could ever repay you." I say to Hickory.

"Oh, I do! Gumdrops!" Poppy says as she holds gumdrops.

"Gum what? Oh, thank you." Hickory says as he grabs the gumdrops and eats one. "Whew. That's got a zing, don't it?" He says to us.

Branch grabs the gumdrops and says, "It's not candy time. It's question time.

Just then, our flower bracelets glow.

"Hug Time!" Poppy and Biggie says as we are pulled in a group hug.

After a while, we get out of the hug.

"Why are you helping us? What's in it for you?" Branch asks Hickory.

"Branch! Sorry about my... friend." I say to Hickory.

We start walking along the river with Hickory and I in the front.

"I loved your guy's message about music bringing Trolls together. They may be pop, and I may be country, but Trolls is Trolls." Hickory says to me.

"'Trolls is Trolls.' Wow. Deep." I hear Branch says from behind us.

Poppy and I glare at Branch for a second.

"This is a beginning of a partnership between Trolls that's going to save all Trolls." Poppy says to Hickory.

"You're darn skippy." Hickory says to Poppy.

Poppy then pulls out her map and says, "Okay. We need to get to the Funk Trolls before Barb."

"Well, quickest way is down that river. I'll build us a raft." Hickory says before trotting off.

"Do you need help building it?" I ask Hickory.

"I got it." Hickory answers.

"This ought to be good. Guy probably doesn't know the first thing about building a raft." Branch says.

A while passes and Hickory is done building the raft.

It was a pretty cool raft. It has two floors. The bottom floor has an area to hang out while the top floor is where the steering wheel is.

"Cappuccino, anyone?" Hickory asks.

"Cappuccino? Cappucci-yes." Poppy says.

Biggie and Poppy run towards the raft with amazement.

I look over at Branch to see in amazement as well.

Branch sighs before saying, "I do want one. But I am not happy about it." Branch says as he walks towards the raft with a smirk on my face.

We are now heading to the Funk Trolls.