Chapter 12

Val's POV

This was a little different to me. I have never been in a cell before.

"Now, I want you to three to sit in here and think about what you've just done. That was a crime against music." Delta then looks at me. "And, sweetie, don't take this personal about why you are in here." She says to me.

"None taken." I say to her.

"Wait, no. We're here to warn you about Barb, the Queen of Rock." Poppy says to Delta.

"Sweetie, I already know and have heard about this Queen Barb and her fancy World Tour. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got to go wash what you call music out of my ears." Delta says before walking away.

Just then, a little Country Troll pops out of Delta's hair saying, "Oh, you in real trouble now. Right, Aunt Delta?"

"Keep an eye on them, Growly Pete." Delta says to a Country Troll that was sitting in a chair next to our cell.

"Growly, growly, growly, growl." Growly Pete responds while reading a newspaper.

"No, no. Music should bring us together, not divide us!" Poppy says through the bars.

"Well, I knew it. 'Who let the dogs out.' Too far." Branch says to himself.

"I knew this wasn't such a good idea." I say to them.

"Okay, Branch and Val. You can say 'I told you so.' I know you want to." Poppy says as she walks over and sits on the bed.

I just stay quiet. Not wanting to say it.

Branch does the same and sits on the bed next to her.

"You did great out there, Poppy." Branch says to Poppy.

Poppy looks at Branch and smiles at him.

"I'll never survive the big house. We've got to get out of here." Biggie says with worry.

"I know. That was such a rad medley. I can't believe it didn't work." Poppy says as she gets off the bed.

"Tell me about it. I did the splits. No one even clapped. Am I not cute anymore?! Come on!" Biggie says to us.

"Maybe my dad was right. The other Trolls are different in ways I was not prepared for. Some Trolls they don't just want to have fun." Poppy says to us.

"Does anybody have a plan B?" I ask them as I lean against the cell door.

"Plan B? Right up here." Branch says before pulling a shovel from out of his hair. "Step one: escape from Lonesome Flats." He says.

Branch starts digging, and Biggie follows afterwards.

Poppy sighs before saying, "Plan B it is. I guess we're going home."

Poppy then walks over to sit on the bed.

"Take all the time you need, guys. I'm starting to enjoy this place." I say as I am still leaning against the wall.

I then feel something latch onto the bars of the door.

I turn my head to see a rope tied to the bars. I was a little confused at this.

Just then, the door breaks off, and I fall to the floor.

I look ahead to see who broke us out of the cell, and I see a Country Troll.