Chapter 22

Third POV

Barb walks into a  room on top of the stage with her friends dragging Poppy into a cage.

"So, Popcorn, is being my best friend everything you could have ever dreamed of?" Barb asks Poppy as she puts a lock on the cage.

"I am not your best friend." Poppy says as she glares at Barb.

"You don't have to be embarrassed. I get it. Being queen can be kind of lonely. There's all this pressure to be a great queen. And instead of real friends, you're just surrounded by people who just tell you what you want to hear." Barb says to Poppy.

It was quiet for a moment.

"You know, other than your terrible taste in music and clothing and general lifestyle, you and me are the same, Popsqueak." Barb says.

"No, we're not." Poppy says.

"We're both queens who just want to untie the world." Barb says.

"You don't want to unite the world. You want to destroy it!" Poppy says to Barb.

"Nuh-uh. No way. No I don't know who told you that." Barb says as she walks up to case.

The case opens to reveal the ultimate power chord.

"Music has done nothing but divide us. Now that I have the final string, I can make us all one nation of Trolls, under rock." Barb says.

Barb connects the Pop string to the guitar, which has the Pop string turn red.

Barb grabs the ultimate power chord.

"what are you gonna do?" Poppy asks Barb.

"Play the ultimate power chord and then... You'll see!" Barb says as the platform she was on starts to go down.

Barb stands on the stage with all the Rock Trolls cheering for her.

Riff starts to play the drums.

Barb holds a microphone and starts to sing.

Barb: So this ain't the end, I saw you again today. I had to turn my heart away.

Biggie and his friends are standing on stage with their instruments.

The spotlight shines on them and they pretend to play the instruments.

Barb: Smile like the sun, kisses for everyone. And tales, it never fails. You'e lying so low in the weeds. I bet you're gonna ambush me. You have me down, down, down, down, down on my knees. No won't ya?

The spotlight shines again on Biggie and his friends.

It was quiet for a while.

Biggie: Barracuda!

Biggie then smashes his guitar to the ground.

The Rock Trolls started to cheer.

Cooper, Prince D, and King Peppy are being sent to the front of the crowd.

Barb grabs the ultimate power chord.

"Give it up for your former leaders. Funk, Country, Techno, Classical... and worst of all, Pop." Barb says as a light shines on each leader. "Who wants to see what the ultimate power chord can do?" She asks.

The crowd of Rock Trolls start to scream and cheer.

Barb aims the ultimate power chord at Poppy.

"No. No!" Poppy says.

Barb is about to fire at Poppy, but stops when a big book lands on her face.

Everyone looks up to see the hot air balloon. The hot air balloon is carrying Branch, Val, the K-Pop gang, and the Reggaeton Trolls.

"Ha! I guess a giant comprehensive manual does come in handy." Branch says to Poppy.

"Branch! Val!" Poppy says with excitement.

"Well, isn't that puke. Poppy's little boyfriend and little friend came to crash the concert. Too late, Branch and Val." Barb says as she aims the ultimate power chord at Poppy again.

"Wait!" Branch says to Barb.

But it was too late. Barb fires at Poppy.

Branch acted fast and jumped in front of Poppy and takes the hit instead.

"Branch!" Poppy and Val say at the same time.

A lava rock forms around Branch and it lands on the floor.