Chapter 4

Val's POV

We look over to see who was screaming. It was Biggie. And he is being chased by a bat-looking creature.

"Poppy, help! Poppy!" Biggie says.

Biggie runs all over the place with the bat following behind him.

"Biggie?" Poppy asks.

"Help! i'm being harangued by a monster Someone stop it!" Biggie says.

Poppy uses her hair to grab the bat and holds onto it.

"Gotcha!" Poppy says.

The bat started to squirm around in Poppy's hair, which started to freak her out.

"Ah! It's in my hair! It's in my hair! Get it out, get it out, get it out!" Poppy says while freaking out.

Branch runs over and jumps over Poppy, grabbing the bat in the process. 

Branch holds the bat down while calming it down.

"There you go. There you go. Calm down. Who's a good boy?" Branch says to the bat as it calms down.

I walk over and look at the bat.

"What is that thing?" Legsly asks.

"It's creepy." Cooper says.

"It's scary." Satin and Chenille say.

"And nasty." Guy Diamond says.

"It's adorable!" I say as I pick the bat up and start to pet it.

My friends were looking at me as if I was crazy.

"What?" I ask.

Branch and Poppy look to the side to see a piece of paper that the bat was holding.

Poppy walks over and picks it up.

"'To Queen Poppy.'" Poppy starts to read.

Everyone started to get a little nervous on what the paper will say.

"Oh, don't worry, everyone. It looks like it's just an invitation." Poppy says to us.

Everyone sighs in relief.

Poppy clears her throat before reading the letter. "'Barb, the Queen of Rock, announces her One Nation Under Rock World Tour. Bring your string to the biggest party the world has ever seen.' Queen of Rock?" Poppy asks after she reads the letter.

Just then, King Peppy comes to Poppy and takes the letter.

"It's nothing! It means nothing at all. It's just junk mail. You don't need to worry about it. I mean, quit looking at it, everyone. Forget what you say!" King Peppy starts to say as he rips the letter to shreds.

King Peppy started to freak out.

Branch runs over and tackles King Peppy. He then starts to calm King Peppy down.

"Okay, I'm calm. I'm calm." King Peppy says as he gets up.

"Dad, what's going on?" Poppy asks King Poppy.

"Well, I have long feared this day would come. I was hoping to protect you from this, Poppy." King Peppy says.

"Protect me? I'm not a little kid anymore, Dad. I'm the queen now." Poppy says.

It was quiet for a little bit.

"You're right. The truth is... we are not alone in this world. There are other kinds of Trolls." King Peppy says.

I was shocked to hear this.

"Wow. That's... Dad, that' great. The more Trolls, the merrier." Poppy says with excitement.

"You don't understand. These other Trolls aren't like us. They're... different." King Peppy says to Poppy.

"Different how? Different like Legsly? Or Fuzzbert? Or Smidge?" Poppy asks.

"No, it's not that. They're different in ways you can't even imagine. You see, we love music with a hummable hook, with an updeat melody, with a catchy rhythm that makes you want to snap your fingers, tap your toes, and wiggle your butt. That's our music. That's what makes us Pop Trolls. But these other Trolls, they sing different. They dance different. Why, some of them can't even begin to grasp the concept of Hammer Time." King Peppy explains to us.

The Trolls started to freak out and run around.

"Stop!" King Peppy says.

Everyone stops running around and freaking out.

"How about we break down to a smaller group?" King Peppy asks us.

I decided to put the bat down and follow Poppy and Branch to where King Peppy was taking us.