Chapter 10

Third POV

The Rock Trolls are now off to get the nest string.

The bat flies toward their vehicles and enters the one that Barb is in.

Barb sees the Bat and says, "Wait. Is that...Debbie?"

Oh, that's a lot of glitter." Riff says as he looks at the bat, named Debbie.

"No! What did they do to you, my hairy little baby?! Come here, come here." Barb says as she holds Debbie.

Barb then sees the letter in Debbie's mouth and takes it.

"What is this?" Barb says before giving Debbie to Riff and opening the letter.

"Pop Trolls? 'Dear, Barb, can't wait to meet you. I have tons of great party ideas. Maybe you and I can be best friends.' Best friends? Is she making fun of me?" Barb asks after reading the letter. "No one says that. Friendship takes time and years of mutual care and respect. You don't just become best friends." She says.

Barb friends started to nod in agreement.

"Plus, everyone knows I already have a ton of friends. Like Carol. Right, Carol?" Barb asks her friend Carol.

Carol wasn't listening because she was spraying a can of cheese in her mouth.

"Okay, you're busy. That's fine. Love you, Carol." Barb says to Carol.

Barb then hears a noise coming from the letter. She looks to see a candle burning. The letter then explodes glitter in her face while pop music was playing.

Letter in Poppy's voice: Trolls just wanna have fun.

Barb started to get mad. She then starts to break and throw stuff around the room.

"Pop music isn't even real music! It's bland! It's repetitive! The lyrics are empty! Worst of all, it crawls into your head like an earworm!" barb says in anger.

Barb than uses a chainsaw to cut the couch in half and then sits down.

"You know, and you can't get it out... Uh, I'm tired now. Hating things takes a lot of energy." Barb says to everyone.

A few seconds later, King Thrash's voice is heard singing the pop song quietly.

King Thrash: Trolls just wanna have fun. Trolls just wanna...

"No. No. Look what their music just did to dad." Barb says as she runs over to King Thrash. "Daddy? Come back. Come back to me, Daddy." She says as she stops King Thrash from singing.

Barb was mad at this point.

"No one does this to Dad. And no one makes fun of Queen Barb. I need that Pop string. And I know who's gonna help me. The most feared bounty hunter in all of Trolldom. Chaz, the Smooth Jazz Troll. The Reggaeton Trolls. The K-Pop Gang. And... the Yodelers." Barb says.

Chaz, the Regaeton Trolls,abd the K-Pop Gang sit down on a couch and listen to what Barb is going to say.

"Okay. As you probably know, I'm bringing a tidal wave of rock across this land of ours." Barb starts to say to them.

A big map appears, showing the Troll Kingdom.

"And soon there will be nothing but hard rock as far as the ear can hear. Whoever brings me Queen Poppy gets to keep their very own music in their very own territory. Right over... here." Barb says before pointing to a small island on the map.

Tresillo, one of the Reggaeton Trolls, walks over and looks at the small island.

"I don't know. It looks pretty tiny." Tresillo says to Barb.

"You wan't it or not?" Barb asks angrily.

Tresillo quickly sits back down on the couch.

"All you have to do is get me Queen Poppy!" Barb says to them.

The bounty hunters start walking out of the room and start their search for Poppy.

Barb looks over at Riff and asks, "Dude, where are the Yodelers?"

"I heard a rumor that they yodeled so hard, an avalanche fell on them. Or something." Riff answers.

"Well, I don't pay you to hear." Barb says as she walks to her throne.

"Actually, I'm doing this for college credit." Riff says to Barb.

"If anyone can find me Queen Poppy and her string, it's the Yodelers." Barb says as she sits on her throne.

Barb then grabs the letter from Poppy and burns it over a candle.