Chapter 17

Val's POV

I was surprised to see Cooper's family.

"Wow, Cooper. You look just like your dad." Poppy says.

"Yeah, that must be why he's so good-looking." King Quincy says.

"Was that a dad joke? It was lame!" Cooper says.

Cooper and his family start to laugh.

"Well, so that means you're a Funk Troll?" Poppy asks.

"You don't have to be just one thing. I'm Pop and Funk." Cooper answers.

"Or maybe you're Hip-Hop, like me." Prince D says.

"Hip-Hop?" Cooper asks confused.

Poppy then grabs her map and looks at it.

"Yeah. I think your map is a bit outdated." Prince D says to Poppy.

"Oh, he's right. Look at that. It still has Disco." Branch says as he looks at the map.

Poppy puts her map away.

"Well, Your Majesties, we need your help to save all music from Queen Barb. If we combine our music, She'll see that music unites all Trolls and that we're all the same and that she's one of us!" Poppy says to King Quincy and Queen Essence.

King Quincy and Queen Essence look at each other and then back to us

"Poppy, I mean no disrespect, but king to queen, anything but that." King Quincy says.

"Why not?" Poppy asks.

Cooper and his family leads us into another room.

"Let's tell them how it was, Prince D." King Quincy says to Prince D.

"Long ago, our world was without song or dance. Then the Trolls found the strings, and life was one big party." Prince D says.

We look ahead to see a guitar with a purple string. It was the funk string.

"Oh, yeah. I've heard this story before." Poppy says.

"That is, until the Pop Trolls tried to steal our strings." Prince D says.

"What?" I ask quietly. I was shocked to hear this.

"Steal your strings? That's not what it said in our scrapbooks." Poppy says to them.

"Scrapbooks? Those are cut out, glued, and glittered by the winners. Let me tell you how it really went down." Prince D says.

Music starts to play and Prince D starts to sing.

Prince D: We started off a team. Party till we fall asleep, even on the street. When we disagreed, we did it on beat. Respect the unique. Anything less, it was weak. The music of the string made life complete. Till that one day that changed everything. The Pop Trolls started snatching up all of the strings. Putting melodies on top of popular beats. They cut us out of the scene and then forgot what it really means. Should've seen between. All of the scheming, it seems like the Trolls they stole from were meaningless. Walking around like they were the geniuses. But it's only samples, auto-tune and remixes. I'm a vegan. I don't have no beef with them. Gotta protect my kingdom, but the dream is to sing again. Being friends, seamless blend. Harmony ain't hard when the keys within you win.

Prince D, King Quincy, and Queen Essence started to dance while they continued to sing.

King Quincy, Queen Essence: At first, it was all love. Hands up, superstar love.

Prince D: Stars up.

King Quincy, Queen Essence: Then you can have it, you can have it all love.

Prince D: And you can get it all you want.

King Quincy, Queen Essence: But then you took it, took it all love.

Prince D: Turn the music up, come on.

Queen Essence: Turn it up louder.

King Quincy: Sing along, get the crowd up.

Prince D: I get the crowd up, come on.

King Quincy, Queen Essence: But then you took it all love.

Prince D: Took it all love, come on.

King Quincy, Queen Essence: Oh, but it's all love.

More Funk Trolls came over and started to dance with King Quincy, Queen Essence, and Prince D.

King Quincy, Queen Essence, Prince D, Funk Trolls: I feel you. Sounds good in my ear when I hear it like that. I feel you, I say I look good to the mirror. And it says it right back. I feel you. A little love wouldn't kill you. A little love wouldn't kill you. You really did me wrong, it was real cruel. It was real cruel.Had a lot of love and I still do. Because I feel you.

Prince D: Next morning, the elders were on it. They saw the warning signs, couldn't ignore it. Had to figure out to save the way of life. They had made, so they made a play. The Pop Trolls were coming for it all. All for one and one for all, so the only way we saw. There was one thing left to be done. And said, "Run!"

They finished singing the song to us.