Chapter 20

Val's POV

I was about to figure out a plan with the K-Pop and Reggaeton Trolls until I hear something moving towards us.

We look in the direction to see Branch running towards us.

"Branch? How did you find me?" I ask Branch.

"I heard music playing, so I followed it." Branch answers.

"Oh, okay. I have these guys on our team now." I say as I point to the K-Pop and Reggaeton Trolls.

"Okay. We should go find Poppy." Branch says.

"You stay here and figure out a plan. I will go and find Poppy." I say before running off.

It took a while, but I finally found Poppy sitting by the edge of the river.

I was about to walk up to her until I hear someone coming. So I hide behind a plant. I look over to see Hickory.

Poppy hears him coming and turns around.

"Poppy, there you are." Hickory says as he runs over to Poppy.

"Hickory! Oh, it's so good to see you." Poppy says as she walks over to Hickory.

"Where's Val and Branch?" Hickory asks her.

"Branch and I had a fight. He's gone. He's heading back to Pop Village. And we still didn't find Val from the separation." Poppy says to Hickory.

I was a little shocked to hear that Poppy and Branch had a fight.

"That's a shame." Hickory says.

"I was so desperate to be a good queen that I stopped listening to anyone but myself. Including my best friends. And it's all because of this stupid string." Poppy says before pulling the Pop string out of her hair.

Hickory looked a little shocked to see the Pop string.

"Poppy, take the string and run as fast as you can, you hear me?" Hickory says.

"What? What are you talking about?" Poppy asks confused.

"Trust me, just go." Hickory says.

After that was said, Hickory's back horse legs started to act up. The were going crazy. As if it had a mind of it's own.

"Now! Please! Just go!" Hickory says to Poppy.

I was confused on what was going on.

"Hickory, are you all right?" Poppy asks.

"I'm fine. Hey, Hey, now!  Stop that!" Hickory says to the back horse legs.

Just then, two arms rip out from Hickory's horse back. And the back part of the horse rips off.

I had to hold in my scream, so they won't notice me there.

But I noticed that there was another Troll as the back legs of the horse.

"What are you doing, Hickory?!" The Troll asks Hickory.

"Quiet, Dickory!" Hickory says.

"What's going on? Hickory?" Poppy asks.

"I am so sorry." Hickory says to Poppy.

"Yeah. Show her who you really are, Hickory!" The Troll, known as Dickory, says before he rips off Hickory's Country outfit to reveal a Yodeler's outfit.

I was so shocked at this point.

Dickory starts to yodel, which ends with Hickory yodeling.

"Wait. You're the Yodeler?" Poppy asks in shock.

"Yeah. Ya darn skippy, playa-play." Dickory answers.

I look over to see Hickory have a face of regret.

"And you were gonna give our string to Barb?" Poppy asks.

"Ding, ding. Give this person a strudel for the correct answers." Dickory says.

"And you were in back the whole time." Poppy asks Dickory.

Dickory sighs before saying, "Next subject please."

"Why would you do this?" Poppy asks Hickory.

"So sorry. Uh, it was the only way to save our beautiful yodeling." Hickory says with regret.

"Hickory." Dickory warns.

"But trust me, you need to get out of here right away." Hickory says to Poppy.

"What are you doing, Hickory?" Dickory asks.

Dickory runs over and grabs one side of the Pop string while Poppy holds onto the other side.

They were both pulling at the Pop string.

I was about to go over and help Poppy, but I stop once again when I see two Rock Trolls come from behind Poppy and hold her down.

Dickory was now holding the Pop string.

"I thought I heard a yodel." I hear a voice say.

I look over to see Barb standing by what looks like one of their flying vehicles.

Poppy gasps before saying, "Queen Barb."

Barb grabs the Pop string from Dickory. "The final notes of Pop. It will never invade anyone's brain again." She says as she ties the Pop string around her wrist.

"I'm not gonna let you do this!" Poppy says to Barb.

"Barb turns around and looks at Poppy.

It was quiet for a few seconds.

"This is who I've been worried about? This little pipsqueak?" Barb asks as she walks up to Poppy.

"I'll never stop fighting until I make things right. And I'm not a pipsqueak!" Poppy says.

"Uh, yeah, you are, because I'm, like, a whole centimeter taller than you." Barb says.

"No! Leave me alone!" Poppy says as she starts to kick around.

"Leave you alone? Uh, I'm sorry. You were the one who was all desperate to be best friends." Barb says to her.

"Get your hands off me." Poppy says angrily.

"Oh, okay. Alright. You're feisty. I respect that. Strong woman to strong woman, am I right? But you know who else was feisty?" Barb asks Poppy.

It was quiet for a while.

"Pop Village." Barb answers.

Poppy gasps before saying, "Oh, no. No!"

I gasp quietly.

But it appears my gasp was heard by Hickory, because he turns around in my direction.

Hickory makes eye contact with me. He had that regret on his face.

I had fear in my eyes as I made eye contact.

I didn't want to say anything, so I ran off towards Branch and the others.

Once I was in front of them, they saw the worry in my eyes.

"Val? What's wrong?" Branch asks me.

"Barb! She got Poppy and the Pop string!" I say in fear.

Branch was shocked as well. "Okay. We'll save her and all the other Trolls." He says to me.

I calm down and Branch starts explaining the plan to me and the other Trolls.