Chapter 13

Val's POV

I look to see a Country Troll in front of me.

"It ain't right to put you in jail because your music's different. It seems some folks around here don't appreciate a rad medley when they hear one." The Country Troll says before winking.

I give a small smile before standing back up.

"Let's skedaddle." He says to us.

"Yes! Mission back on! Branch! Branch! You can stop rescuing us." Poppy says as she walks out of the cell.

The Country Troll motions for me to get on his back, and I do so. It was like riding a horse.

Biggie and Branch walk over to us.

"Val, you don't even know who this is." Branch says to me.

"I'm Val. What's your name?" I ask the Country Troll.

"Name's Hickory." The Country Troll, known as Hickory says.

"Okay, now we know who he is." I say as I look at Branch.

"I'm Poppy and this is Branch." Poppy says as she points to herself and Branch.

"Enough with the formalities. Let's go! Uh, this is Mr. Dinkles, by the way." Biggie says as he sits on the door that was tied to the rope.

Just then, Delta and a few Country Trolls come out of a building and see us.

"I said let's skedaddle! Hyah!" Hickory says before tying the rope, that connects to the door, around him and starts running.

"Go get them, Clampers!" I hear Delta yell.

I turn around to see the little Country Troll from earlier running towards us while Poppy and Branch sit on the door, next to Biggie.

"This was my plan C, by the way." Branch says to us.

"Whatever you say, Branch." I yell back to Branch.

Delta and a few Country Trolls started chasing after us.

I look ahead to see that we were going to run into a forest of cacti.

"Uh, Hickory?!" I say nervously.

"I got it, Val." Hickory says to me.

Hickory started to run around the cacti easily, but Clampers was gaining on us.

Hickory and I look ahead to see a hole in the ground.

Hickory speeds up and jumps over the hole, and Clampers falls in.

"Yeah!" Hickory says in victory.

But I turn around to see Delta gaining on us as well.

"Come on, Growly Pete! Do your thing!" Delta says to Growly Pete.

Growly Pete comes in front and uses his mustache as a lasso.

"No one can escape my mustache." Growly Pete says before having it latch onto Branch's leg.

Branch was getting pulled of the door.

"Branch, hold on to Mr. Dinkles!" Biggie says as Branch holds onto Mr. Dinkles.

After a while, Mr. Dinkles started to stretch from pulling on him so hard.

Out of nowhere, Clampers comes out of the ground and lands on Branch. Clampers starts biting Branch, which gets Branch to scream.

I look ahead and see a canyon.

"Hickory, look out!" I yell to Hickory.

"We're not gonna make it!" I hear Poppy say with fear.

Hickory stops running in time for us to be right at the edge of the canyon.

But since the door kept sliding, it pushes Hickory and I off the canyon.

All of us were now screaming in fear.

"Well, I hope Pop Trolls and humans can swim." Hickory says to us.

We then fall into the river.