Chapter 8

Val's POV

We have been on our journey for a while now.

I took out the scroll from my jacket pocket and start looking through it.

I stop reading the scroll when I hear Branch say something.

"Alright. In a short 456 pages, I'm gonna know how to fly this thing." Branch says as he opens a manual on how to fly a hot air balloon.

"Uh, Branch, we don't need a giant, comprehensive manual. How hard can it be?" Poppy says before grabbing the manual and throwing it off the hot air balloon.

Poppy walks up to the controllers and started to push a few buttons, which causes the hot air balloon to fly really fast and in different directions. We finally stop a few seconds later.

"Alright, Poppy! Easy on the buttons!" The hot air balloon says to Poppy.

"Sorry." Poppy replies back.

I put the scroll back into my jacket pocket an stand next to Poppy and Branch.

"Shh. What was that?" Branch asks as we hear snoring.

We look towards the cotton candy pile and walk towards it.

We move the cotton candy to see Biggie and Mr. Dinkles sleeping, who is cover in cotton candy.

"Biggie?" Poppy asks.

Biggie wakes up and looks at us. "Oh, hello. Sorry. I couldn't help myself. You know how I am around cotton candy." He says to us.

Mr. Dinkles was now stuck to Biggie.

"Oh, dear. Now looks what's happened. Mr. Dinkles got all gummed up." Biggie says as he tries to get Mr. Dinkles off him.

Mr. Dinkles was now stuck to Biggie's hand. Biggie shakes his hand really hard and Mr. Dinkles goes flying off the hot air balloon.

"Mr. Dinkles!" Me and Biggie say as we run to the edge of the hot air balloon.

We look down to see Mr. Dinkles stuck on the side of the hot air balloon.

"Oh, there you are. I thought you were... Oh. Right, then. we'll just be on our way..." Biggie stops when he realizes that they are high in sky in a hot air balloon.

Biggie and I face the others.

"Poppy, where are you balloon-flying us to?" Biggie asks Poppy.

"We're on a mission to help Barb untie the Trolls, and I'm so glad You're coming with us." Poppy answers with excitement.

"I did what in the who now?" Biggie asks, still confused.

"Hey, man, join the club." Branch says sarcastically to Biggie.

"And I hope you didn't eat all the cotton candy, because Barb is gonna love it." Poppy says.

I look at Branch to see him messing with a basket.

"Branch?" Poppy asks, seeing what he was doing as well.

"Yes, Poppy?" Branch asks nervously.

"What is this? Oh it's nothing, nothing. That's just my man stuff." Branch says as he stands in front of the basket.

"I love man stuff!" Poppy says as she opens the basket to reveal rocks and sharp sticks.

I was surprised to see Branch having weapons with him on this journey.

But then yet, they could be useful in some cases.

I wonder how this is going to go down with Poppy.