Chapter 18

Val's POV

So that was the real truth about the six strings.

"And the Trolls never lived in harmony again." King Quincy says to us.

"So the Trolls lived in isolation because of what Pop did?" Poppy asks with shock.

"Pop tried to destroy our music." Queen Essence answers.

"Just like Barb is trying to do." Branch adds.

"I can make it right. History's just gonna keep repeating itself until we make everyone realize that we're all the same." Poppy says to them.

"But we are not all the same." King Quincy says.

"It's why all our strings are different. Because they reflect our different music." Queen Essence adds.

"Denying our differences is deny the truth of who we are." King Quincy says.

I nod in agreement.

"I hadn't though of it like that." Poppy says.

Just then, an alarm goes off.

"Rock has arrived! It's on!" Prince D says to us.

"Prepare for battle!" King Quincy says.

We start following Cooper out of the room.

"I'm gonna make sure you get to safety." Cooper says as he spawns three bubble.

I was put in one while hickory was in one and Poppy and Branch shared one.

We started to float out of the UFO

"No. No! Let me help you! Cooper!" Poppy says to Cooper.

We float out of the UFO and see the Rock Trolls heading towards the Funk Trolls.

Suddenly, our bubbles bump into each other, having us float in different directions.

"Hickory! Val!" Poppy yells to us.

"Don't worry! I'll find you guys." Hickory says.

"Me too!" I say as we are now separated.

This was going to be hard finding them.

Third POV

Poppy and Branch are now watching as the Rock Trolls fly to the UFO

"No! We have to get back down there. There's still hope. We can still fix this" Poppy says as she tries to push the bubble towards the UFO.

"Poppy, enough." Branch says.

Poppy turns around to face Branch.

"I've listened to you and I've done it your way, and now it's your turn to listen. It's time to get back home." Branch says to Poppy.

"I'm not like you. I can't just give up." Poppy says back to Branch.

"Give up? I want to protect our friends and family." Branch says.

"I can't go home until I've proven myself as a good queen." Poppy says.

"So that's what this is really all about?" Branch asks.

"Why are you so upset?" Poppy asks.

"Because your dad was right and Biggie was right and Queen Essence was right. And I've been backing you up even when you ignore them. But you never listen to me." Branch answers.

"Branch, what are you talking about?" Poppy asks a little confused.

"You want to be a good queen? Good queens actually listen. You know what I heard back there? Differences do matter. Like you and me. We're too different to get along. Just like all the other Trolls." Branch says.

The bubble that they are in lands by a river and pops.

It was quiet for a while.

Branch starts to walk away.

"We are really different." Poppy says.

"So different." Branch says as he stops walking.

"Completely out of harmony." Poppy says afterwards.

"Completely." Branch adds.

"I don't even know why we're friends." Poppy says.

"Neither do I." Branch says.

Branch turns around and starts to walk away again. He then stops and turns around one last time.

"So... why do I care about you more than anybody else in the world? Weird, right?" Branch asks before walking off.

Poppy was a little shocked to hear this.

Branch was now out of sight.