Chapter 15

Val's POV

The sun has set and we are flowing along the river.

Poppy, Branch, Biggie, and Hickory are sitting by a fire in the front of the raft.

I am sitting in the back of the raft reading the scroll.

So far, the scroll was saying that I am responsible for keeping the peace between all Trolls.

There wasn't really much that it said.

It was a little confusing to me. How am I supposed to keep the peace between everyone? And how do I know that I become the peacekeeper?

Just then, I hear someone walking towards me.

I look behind me to see Hickory.

"Oh, hey, Hickory." I say to him.

"Hey, Val. What are you doing back here?" Hickory asks a he sits next to me.

"I'm just reading this scroll. It tells the prophecy about the Peacekeeper of all music. And to my surprise, I am supposed to be the Peacekeeper." I say to Hickory.

Hickory was a little shocked to hear this, but he stayed quiet.

"It's just confusing. I don't know if I have what it takes to be the Peacekeeper of all music. It sounds hard." I continue.

I then feel Hickory put a hand on my shoulder.

"I know got this. You'll be the best Peacekeeper there ever was." Hickory says to me.

I smile at him. "Thanks, Hickory."

"No problem." Hickory says.

A few seconds pass, and I hear soft music playing from where Poppy and the others are.

Hickory and I stand up and walk to the second floor, to see where the music was coming from.

Once we stand on the second floor, I see a Troll playing a clarinet. With my friends tied up.

"Who is that?" I ask Hickory.

"Chaz. The Smooth Jazz Troll. We need to help them." Hickory says as he was about to run over.

"Wait. I got this." I say to him.

"Are you sure?" Hickory asks me.

"Yes." I say as I am about to jump off the second floor.

"Wait. Put these on so you can't hear the music." Hickory says as he gives me two gumdrops.

I shrug my shoulders and put them on.

I turn to face my friends. I am waiting for the perfect time to confront Chaz.

My friends started to wake up.

"Got you, Pop babies. Soon, Barb is gonna to have your string, and the world will be rid of cheesy, pointless pop music, once and for all." Chaz says as he is about to play his clarinet again.

This was my chance. I jump off the second the floor and land in front of them.

"Stop right there, Smooth Jazz Troll." I say as I glare at Chaz.

Chaz looks at me before asking, "And who are you supposed to be, pretty human?"

Poppy, Branch, and Biggie gasp as they look at me.

"Name's Val. And I'm the one that has love for all music." I answer Chaz.

Poppy, Branch, Biggie gasp as they look at Chaz.

"Oh, yeah? Well, maybe you should have the Chaz experience." Chaz says as he starts to levitate off the ground.

Chaz starts to play his clarinet as he levitates towards me.

I glare at him and stand my ground.

Once Chaz was behind me, I turn around and kick him in the chest. This sends him flying, and he falls off the raft.

I then take the gumdrops out of my ears. "Huh. I never knew gumdrops would work." I say.

"What can I say? They're soundproof and delicious." Hickory says as he walks over to untie my friends.

"Smooth jazz will be heard again! Smooth jazz will never die!" Chaz says to us as he sinks into the water.

"Who was that guy?" Poppy asks.

"One of the many bounty hunters out there looking for you." Hickory answers

"That was awful. So smooth and easy and awful." Biggie says to us.

"I know, big buddy. It's enough to put you off jazz altogether." Hickory says to Biggie.

"Alright, that's it! We need to go home." Biggie says.

"Biggie, it'll be okay." Poppy says to Biggie.

"Stop saying that, and listen to me. You only hear what you want to hear, and it puts us all in danger. How are you supposed to save the world if you can't even keep us safe? You made a pinky promise to me, Queen Poppy. And you broke it." Biggie says to Poppy.

It was silent for a while.

Biggie walks over to the edge of the raft. He drops Mr. Dinkles into the water and stands on top of him.

Mr. DInkles starts to blow into the water, causing them to float away.

"What kind of queen breaks a pinky promise?!" Biggie asks angrily.

"Biggie. No." Poppy says sadly.

This was going to be hard without Biggie.