Chapter 1: Sally is gone

It's mid December. One could feel the air turn colder and crisper. Walking down the street was the most beautiful woman to ever walk earth.

She had dark lavender eyes, long princess curled brown hair that was tied back in a half ponytail. And she was wearing a blue Greek style dress with a gold colored band under her bust, a royal purple scarf that was wrapped around her head and neck, brown leather knee high heeled boots and a long black coat that went down to her ankles. The coat had gold trim and buttons.

This woman was none other than Hera, the Greek Goddess of marriage, women, childbirth, and family. She was the queen of the Greek gods and the wife of Zeus. It was also rumored that Hera was the main or only deity for the Amazonian's on the island of Themyscira. Especially after Zeus impregnated their Queen Hippolyta with Dianna and then abandoned them both.

Hera was angry at her husband for doing that to the queen of a woman warrior nation.

As Hera walked down the street, many men looked at her. Some wolf whistled to her. The people who work at the stands and stores that Hera past knew who this woman was. She was the best friend of their beloved Sally Jackson and the godmother to Sally's little girl Persephone. And she was the one to give Persephone her middle name of Krínos. Which means Lily in Greek.

Hera didn't hide her name. She just played it off as being named after the goddess like with Persephone and Demeter's daughter. Hera just added Olympia as her last name so people wouldn't look at her weirdly.

Hera knew when Persephone grew up, she would want a nickname to set her apart from the queen of the underworld. When Persephone was born, Hera blessed the baby girl to read and write English along with Greek.

Soon Hera reached and entered her friends apartment building. This building was one of the nicest in the city. The doorman knew who she was when she walked to him, kind of like the people at the stores and stands she past by.

"Hello Ms. Olympia." George the doorman said tipping his hat to the Goddess

"Hello George." Hera replied to the man wearing red, gold and black with a smile

Soon Hera got to the door. She didn't bother knocking knowing Sally would tell her not to do it again.

Hera dropped to her knees in agony when she entered the living room of Sally's apartment.

Ever since learning of Persephone, the daughter of her brother Poseidon, before the girl was born Hera came down and checked up the little girl and her mother. She was there in the hospital room with Sally when she delivered the girl.

~Flashback~

"Come on Sally you can do it." Hera said to her friend in Greek

"I'm going to kill him. I'm going to kill your brother." Sally yelled in Greek

"Not without Celestial Bronze you're not." Hera said, again in Greek

Sally only knew Greek because her mother was a Greek immigrant. Alexandra Aetós only came to the US so she could get away from an arranged marriage her parents were trying to force upon her.

Hera tried to use her powers to ease Sally's pain and discomfort because one of her domains is childbirth. Soon the two women heard a baby's cry. Sally sighed in relief.

The next morning, after Sally had got some rest, Poseidon came to the hospital. When the sea god came up to Sally's room, her nurse came out. The nurse instantly knew who he was and glared at Poseidon then walked off.

When Poseidon entered the room, he saw Sally and Hera. This shocked him. Poseidon thought that his sister didn't really care for mortals or demigods.

"Hera? What are you doing here?" Poseidon asked

"I am taking care of my friend brother. Now where were you?" Hera replied with a knowing smirk

Poseidon didn't reply to his sister knowing she would not accept anything he said. He just kept quiet.

Poseidon was a little scared. He knew his sister could keep a secret. But if the news of his daughters birth reached Zeus, hell would need to be paid.

~End of flashback~

That's how she became Persephone's godmother. Her son Ares had become the girl's godfather so he could learn some responsibility and how to treat his own Demigod children.

"No!" She whispered yelled as tears slid down her cheeks

She looked to Sally Jackson's dead body. Then the goddess saw the dead body of Sally's husband Paul. Hera almost screamed if it wasn't for her hands covering her mouth.

"Hestia, Ares! Come down here now!" Hera commanded in her queen of the gods voice

Soon her sister and son flashed behind her. They saw the two bodies. Ares felt anger serge through him. Sally was like a sister to the war god. Ares had even threatened Paul with harm if he had ever hurt Sally in anyway.

And like her sister, Heatia dropped to her knees crying. She felt her sister's pain. She didn't know why anyone would do this to people like Sally and Paul. The people who did this were monsters of the mortal world. Ares hates these type of people.

They heard the crying of a baby coming from another room. The three deities knew who it was and scrambled to Persephone's room. Hera, being the gentler of the three, picked up the demigoddess.

Hera turns to her sister and son. There was a look of worry on the goddess's face. This in turn worried Hestia and Ares.

"What are we going to do? We can't exactly take her with us." Ares asked

"There is one person who we can leave Persephone with." Hestia said

"Who?" Hera asked

"The last Son of Krypton. Kal El. Here on earth he is known as Clark Kent." Hestia said

"Isn't he 16?" Area asked

"Yeah. So?" Hestia said

"You want to make a kid a teen parent. No matter his parentage." Hera said

"Kal can protect her like he protects his adoptive parents." Hestia said

After a bit of arguing, it was decided that the god and goddesses would take Persephone to Clark Kent. They also decided to bless her for her safety.

On top of the blessings Hera already gave her, she blessed Persepone with beauty, the ability to cook the best food in the world and to love and able to be loved.

Hestia blessed the young girl with the memory of the color blue and what it represents, an eidetic memory and for her scent to be masked.

Ares blessed Persepone with the ability to know how to use and fight with any weapon on earth that she touches and to know every fighting style known to god and mortal.

After calling down Hermes and instructing him on what to do. After getting a sad confirmation from the messenger of the gods the three finally left for Smallville, Kansas to meet with Clark Kent. It was a Saturday after all. The kid doesn't have school.