Why Can't I Have Some Peace And Quiet?

Sarawat P.O.V

"Sarawat, when will you have a girlfriend already?" this was the nth time that my Mom has asked me.

"Maybe Bro isn't into girls mom." answers
Phukong as he puts an arm around me. I swat him away, annoyed. Immediately my phone rang. Thank goodness. And I use it as an excuse to leave my apartment.

I look at the caller I.D, BOSS. I answer and put the phone to my left ear.

"SARAWAAAT" This caught me off guard and I almost drop my phone.

"Aish! Not so loud boss. What is it?"

"Sarawat, I'm just going to remind you about our project that's due tomorrow. I already sent it to your email. Since you don't use social media. Jeez man when are you even going online?"

There was a short pause, I open my mouth about to answer but,

"Nevermind that. Just bring your laptop tomorrow. Bye."

This guy. I go back inside and see that my mom and brother have already left. Finally, some peace and quiet. I immediately found a note on the table, hmm must be from mom.

If you don't have a girlfriend by the end of the month before the family reunion, you'll have to face consequences.
-love Mom.
P.s. I've left some cash on the table. Go out for dinner.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh. Well this is a pain in the ass. There's no point in sulking, might as well do my part of the project.

-time skip-

Lunch break and I'm hanging out with my best friends. They were talking about a video. I just zone out and think crumple the note on my hand. Man notices and grabs the note.

"Oy! Give that back" I reach out but he was on top of the table and I was too stressed to exert more energy. I sit back down on defeat. This isn't going to get better is it?

"-you don't have a girlfriend by the end of the month before the family reunion, you'll have to face consequences." Man looks at me and gives me back the note.

"What are you gonna do about it Sarawat? You're mom wants you to have a girlfriend already." Boss sits beside me.

"Oh, like that's not obvious." I roll my eyes at them.

"Come on Wat, we're trying to help here." this time Man answers.

"How about we have that chick, head of the cheerleader from the faculty of law? What was her name again? Lang? Tang?" Boss suggests.

Man hurriedly replies. "Fang! Yeah Fang. Isn't she into you?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Thanks for the help guys, but I don't like her. I don't think it's also fair to get into a relationship just because I have a deadline." This is such a pain in the head. I just want some peace and quiet. To be relaxed and not worry about this deadline my mom decides that would be a great idea for me to have a girlfriend.

"Aish, anyway let's go. We'll talk about this later. We have classes already." Boss stands up and walks to the Political Sci. Building and Man catches up to him. I stay back for a bit to finish my drink.

-time skip-

I walk up the stairs to the music club and head straight to the rehearsing room. If this day could get anymore annoying, I'd bail out of practice. Upon reaching the room, I see Dim walking out and he sees me.